Join our server on Discord

digimon digivices
well i got it in the mail friday and played with it a bit.. its more like a tamagotchi then a digivice.. at least its not like a d power or d tector that i have already played with.. its really weird.. ill post pics as soon as i borrow a webcam or something..

it does have a bigger screen which is nice but all you seem to do is check the digimons stats as it grows and feed it and train it and give it meds.. the training is pretty lame.. you shake the thing 0-like 30 times in the matter of 3-4 seconds to give it an attack command.. then after it counts how many shakes you give it then rolls a dice on top of the screen and you have absolutley no control over it and i guess depenind on how many shakes you give it and then the dice number that rolls gives it a really weak attack or a strong one... mostly weak ones so far occasionally i shake a 19 or 21 and it rolls a dice of 6 but not often.. it also has an adventure training where you shake it and you move on this gridof dots and you occasionally come up against the same monster you are now or its more evolved form and going up against the evolved form pretty much gets you killed because they only attack command option you really have is to shake the thing and hope the dice rolls in your favore..

thankfully you can pause the clock much like on a tamagotchi so you dont hae to watch it 24/7..

if you like a tamagotchi you can get it.. if you liked the d power and d tector options of having better control over attacks and having the little step pedometer readings dont get it.. sorry i cant relate it to other digivices that i havent owed.

however i guess depending on how you take care of it it digivolves different much like a tamagotchi again so i so far can't relate if you can get omnimon and such yet.. you can keep clone copies of your pet as itt grows incase it dies maybe idk why yet..
So out of all the digivices you've come across, which one is the best in your opinion? I have the first season digivice, from way long ago, the American version. But i really want the first digivice that came out, does anyone have it?
well i had the d power at first.. didnt quite care for the card slash because i couldnt time the attack i wanted

but ive had version 1 and 2 of the dtectors here in teh us and i love ver 2 much more.. combo spirit evolution is quite powerful but drains alot of spirit power from you.. ive been playing with it for at least a year now at work on my down time
I was a fan of the D-3 myself. I liked collecting all the Digi-Eggs/Digimentals, and then using them in battle. It was quick but fun.

Then I'd say the D-Power...card slashing was so damn fun sometimes!

And then the D-Tector, I just didn't like the sensor much, it never seemed to work and I think it should have been able to scan a barcode for information rather than just "point at something and wave it around!" which was really very unreliable.
Quote:well i got it in the mail friday and played with it a bit.. its more like a tamagotchi then a digivice.. at least its not like a d power or d tector that i have already played with.. its really weird.. ill post pics as soon as i borrow a webcam or something..

it does have a bigger screen which is nice but all you seem to do is check the digimons stats as it grows and feed it and train it and give it meds.. the training is pretty lame.. you shake the thing 0-like 30 times in the matter of 3-4 seconds to give it an attack command.. then after it counts how many shakes you give it then rolls a dice on top of the screen and you have absolutley no control over it and i guess depenind on how many shakes you give it and then the dice number that rolls gives it a really weak attack or a strong one... mostly weak ones so far occasionally i shake a 19 or 21 and it rolls a dice of 6 but not often.. it also has an adventure training where you shake it and you move on this gridof dots and you occasionally come up against the same monster you are now or its more evolved form and going up against the evolved form pretty much gets you killed because they only attack command option you really have is to shake the thing and hope the dice rolls in your favore..
That sounds pretty frustrating. I'm glad I didn't buy that one. Thanks for telling us.
Quote:And then the D-Tector, I just didn't like the sensor much, it never seemed to work and I think it should have been able to scan a barcode for information rather than just "point at something and wave it around!" which was really very unreliable.
Timing the sensor on the D-Tector took me a long time, but I finally managed to get the hang of it. Remember, it also depends on your experience level, whether or not your Digimon will follow your sensor command.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I dont know about digivices that much...
At least I havent seen any around here-
then again... It's been a long time since I last went into town.
yea timing is tough on the d-tector but you get used to it.. the d-tetor does have a tv scanner which in my opinion doesnt really work right.. lol your supposed to hold it a couple inches from the tv and pull the trigger and the changing pixels acts like a bar code i guess.. sadly you cant really scan bar codes with it at least i havent yet.. ive mainly wiggled my figers over it when a light is above it and usually works that way.. gotta have a good lightsource for the sensor to work sadly
To me its just pointless and a waste of moneh' to buy stuff like that. I mean, unless its REAL, its just a plastic toy for children who (unfotrunately? xD) survived the seizure spree..
I just got Henry's D-Power in the mail from England. I'll let you know if it's better than the D-Tector, but I doubt it.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Is the d-tector the one that had the card game thing?
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad