Join our server on Discord

darkness
Oh, great, now we've got slavery back...

On the subject of darkness stuff I'd like to ask a question about it: Has anyone noticed that in anime, and particularly Digimon, light is close to social-ness and/or groupthink while darkness is close to loneliness or individualism in the same way? If so, does anyone else think that value system is rather full of shit?
yes, it is full of shit.
darkness isnt always loneliness, why- when youre surrounded in darkness, and youve got someone with you, what do you say?

hey- are you still there?
y-yeah..
where are you? follow the sign of my voice-
found you- I was scared- I thought I was alone...
hold my hand- dont worry, I'm here for you-
jeez- it's dark in here...
dont worry- we'll be fine- just stick together-

but in the light, you all scatter all over the place, knowing that there's nothing to worry about.
You see, it's easier to get to someone if they're lonely. Take jeri after leomon died, or ken. They were lonely and got taken by darkness. It's pretty simple.
Quote:You see, it's easier to get to someone if they're lonely. Take jeri after leomon died, or ken. They were lonely and got taken by darkness. It's pretty simple.
That depends what you mean by "get." I didn't have any friends for first few years of college, and because of that, today, I don't drink. I had the opportunity to watch what happened when everybody else got drunk, and I decided that I didn't want to be a part of it, even if I was on the outside looking in. So sometimes, being alone makes you stronger, and less susceptible.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I suppose it strongly depends on personality type, extroverted or introverted.
Exactly!
Oh and "I was on the outside looking in" Hey is that a song quote you worked in as a reference?
Music confuses me.
UnknownH Wrote:I didn't give you an order but I could make those people (or rather those grades) disapear.
Right. How?
Quote:Consider it done, mistress...

*silence*
......shall I bring some candles? Twisted

About darkness...yes, loneliness is one of the features of darkness I'm more identificated with. Being lonely, being different, not depending on others, not having a herd mentality; that's much what darkness is about.
Except you're not lonely. Loneliness is the lack of others whom you want around. What you (and me, and Unknown prolly and DEFINITELY Wisemon) feel is the lack of desire to have that many people near.
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Right. How?
Well I can't actually but if I could hack computers I'd try hacking theirs for you. And many people around me isn't that bad but it's just the people around me sometimes.