Join our server on Discord

Download for Runaway Locomon
The Reclaimer Wrote:But that's my point, it gets the general idea across, the idea that they are partnered with a digimon, context or not, it dosen't hurt. I'm not trying to sound like they did it right, but I'm defending them in the fact that, its not that big of a deal.

Actually, it is a big deal when one of the major themes of who the Tamers were is CHOICE. The Digidestined were the Chosen Children, while the Tamers (by design) were the Choosing Children. Ruki CHOSE Renamon, Takato DREW Guilmon himself and Jenrya SLASHED the Blue Card of his own volition. In Tamerverse (as was amply demonstrated in the IceDevimon episode) no Digimon or Important Person can force anyone to become a Tamer or to Tame a particular Digimon, they choose for themself.

Therefore, there is a rather large difference that even showed up in the English dub of Tamers.
Something I never thought about before... each season contrasting destiny and choice. Just for fun I'll comment on what Joe said to Cody (or whatever his name was in Japan), in season 2, even if he did have have a choice he would still be there, in the digital world.
Quote:Actually, it is a big deal when one of the major themes of who the Tamers were is CHOICE. The Digidestined were the Chosen Children, while the Tamers (by design) were the Choosing Children. Ruki CHOSE Renamon, Takato DREW Guilmon himself and Jenrya SLASHED the Blue Card of his own volition. In Tamerverse (as was amply demonstrated in the IceDevimon episode) no Digimon or Important Person can force anyone to become a Tamer or to Tame a particular Digimon, they choose for themself.
What about MarineAngemon and Kenta? Does it count as existentialism if the Digimon chooses the human?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Yeah, I think that still counts.... just reverse that's all.
Quote:Actually, it is a big deal when one of the major themes of who the Tamers were is CHOICE. The Digidestined were the Chosen Children, while the Tamers (by design) were the Choosing Children. Ruki CHOSE Renamon, Takato DREW Guilmon himself and Jenrya SLASHED the Blue Card of his own volition. In Tamerverse (as was amply demonstrated in the IceDevimon episode) no Digimon or Important Person can force anyone to become a Tamer or to Tame a particular Digimon, they choose for themself.

Therefore, there is a rather large difference that even showed up in the English dub of Tamers.

Yeah but everything can be spun around to choice. Rika didn't choose that she wanted a Digimon, she chose one that wanted her. Takato didn't choose for Guilmon to come alive, he chose to draw him, the Digi Gnomes (I think) chose to give life to the drawing. Henry didn't choose whether Terriermon would come alive after slashing the card, he chose to help Terriermon. There are things working on both sides.

And that's not my point. I'm not here to justify the change in words. All I'm saying is that one word isn't going to change the whole series so I don't see why its such a big deal.
[Eric Cartman] >_<

BECAUSE I SAY SO!!!! >_<[/Eric Cartman]
Quote:[Eric Cartman] >_<

BECAUSE I SAY SO!!!! >_<[/Eric Cartman]

lol nice.

[Eric Cartman]But mooooooooom, I have to be the first one to get a Chinpokomon or everyone won't think I'm coooooool.[/Eric Cartman]

That show is awesome.
Ha ha, Cartman's mom is his dad.
Yeah, that's the ever continuing mystery as far as I know.

I would hope that his "mom" then would be Kyle's Mom.

Why? Because it would be the ultimate irony. He hates Kyle for being Jewish and if he turned out to be Jewish himself it would be insane. It would be a great episode.
Yeah that would be funny, maybe they'll do that near the end.
Oh and here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=05WSOJZB movie 7.
The frontier movie.