Join our server on Discord

I hate writing shit; it is so stupid
Well I am just trying to point out that you need to give them credit. I mean they are taking there time to write it and then people are deturred from even bothering with it when they read a review that gets critical. A lemon in this case is more than a story it is an expression of the author and characters portrayed in the story. If someone takes the time to write a story (or lemon) then reviews shouldn't be an attack to the authors ego or writing style it should,however, point out any severe weaknesses but not criticize the person for putting their work and ideas out on the line for someone else's enjoyment.
Veemon's Followers
rorancrystalwolf Wrote:If someone takes the time to write a story (or lemon) then reviews shouldn't be an attack to the authors ego or writing style it should,however, point out any severe weaknesses but not criticize the person for putting their work and ideas out on the line for someone else's enjoyment.

Also true.
Wait, you think I'm too harsh on style? Have you seen some of Marine's reviews on the DHZ? I'm not nearly that critical. You need to think more relatively.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
He's thinking relatively in terms of how people on this site review work. We're pretty easy on each other.
For Herr Mullen, a quick review of "Moment, Tai":

As always, it has a good introduction. The part where Yamato walks and contemplates bridges is great. A few factual errors: A bass is not a guitar, moumantai means "take it easy." The dialogue got to be a little confusing. A bit more "said/questioned/answered" or corresponding narration would be helpful. The grammar was good, but not perfect. I agree, Taichi is often cheesy. I also agree that yaoi was hinted, even if the characters are supposedly straight. Seems like a closeted thing. Overall, I give this 8.5/10.
I know that you saw me.
Wisemon Wrote:A few factual errors: A bass is not a guitar

Depends what kind of bass you're talking about. A "bass" can refer to either an electric bass guitar or an orchestral double bass. They both have the same string tunings and are pretty much interchangable in terms of usage since a double bass can be amplified and make use of many effects an electric bass cannot.

Depending on who you're talking to, a bass can be either.

Quote:Depends what kind of bass you're talking about. A "bass" can refer to either an electric bass guitar or an orchestral double bass. They both have the same string tunings and are pretty much interchangable in terms of usage since a double bass can be amplified and make use of many effects an electric bass cannot.

Depending on who you're talking to, a bass can be either.
By factual error, I'm saying that Matt plays a 6-string guitar, not a 4-string bass (guitar). The lead singer is almost never the bass player. Some bands don't even have bass players (like the White Stripes and Local H). These bands suck.
I know that you saw me.
Really wisemon.......hmmmmm a 2 piece band that has no bass that has a definitive sound and you say they suck. Local H is one of my favorites, "Hands on the Bible" is one of my favorite songs and too create an arrangemtent with limited amount of players is also an interesting way to look at things. As a musician, I don't think they need a bass, there sound is unique.....They achieve what a lot of bands with more players cannot...
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
That bass line is just more wisdom from a "wiseman" huh. Really funny though.
Quote:Local H is one of my favorites, "Hands on the Bible" is one of my favorite songs and too create
I've actually listened to that whole album. It's just musically boring; it feels like it's missing something. "Baby Wants to Tame Me" goes on forever, "Rock 'n' Roll Professionals" is incredibly stupid, and the closer, "What Else Would You Have Me Do?" is almost catchy, but also very annoying, like a Backstreet Boys song.

Quote:That bass line is just more wisdom from a "wiseman" huh. Really funny though.
Of course.Wink I suppose some bands can get by without a bass if they're trying to play other styles. Billy Joel does just fine alone with a piano sometimes. However, rock and punk bands need bassists. A strong bass makes or breaks a punk band. Bass isn't quite as important to the rock band, but it's still noticeable.
I know that you saw me.