Join our server on Discord

Poll: Switch to Invision Power Boards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.64%
7 63.64%
No
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

IMPORTANT! New forum?
Not like smileys are that important.
I think this forum is just fine. The only things I'd change are those stupid pics, and mainly, I WANT MORE SPACE IN THE PM BOX!!!!!
That's all.
What I've gathered from everyone's comments is that IPB definitely has its advantages. More security (in what, exactly? I haven't seen anything besides possibly password protection that requires any serious security), more features, and a sharper design than phpBB has. However, it is ultimately not a necessity.

So here's what I'm going to do.

As soon as this flood of updates and comments is gone, I'm going to put up a message on the main site and a fresh poll on the board. If the votes reign for Yes, then I'll consult with Boss (other Forum Admin) to see what he thinks about it, then we can go ahead with it. However, it will only be a PREVIEW to see what people think of it. In other words, this phpBB board will run at the same time as the IPB board, depending on the vibes of our site's host. If the IPB board runs smoothly, people have no problems with it, and we can get the layout at least similar to this one (or a new Digimon-themed layout), then I'll ask the host to delete this phpBB board.

If the votes say No, or I hear of or come up with a good and significant reason not to switch boards, then duh, we won't do it! :P

Sound fair?
It sounds fair (but if you do move can you try and move some of the stuff here to it?)
Well, there's basically a database here. If we can get IPB to accept the same database (it should, hopefully), then that's not a problem.
Sounds good, and may I request that IP address tracking be turned off in the IPB?
lol I'll let you know when I talk to the host and find out exactly how to. I've never really gotten into the mechanics of a forum.
experimnet in ACP.
You've said that before, but what exactly is ACP? Plus, it makes more sense to actually try it out where it's going to be rather than somewhere else.
ACP is admin control panel.

should be a link at top of screen. it's where you go to change member status, forums layout and so on.