Join our server on Discord

Poll: Switch to Invision Power Boards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.64%
7 63.64%
No
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

IMPORTANT! New forum?
icons will be lost, i'll jsut reupload them. it's no biggy, i hope.

the logo might get stuck on the other side of the page though. and my skinning needs a bit of practice.
Okay. I noticed the "I hope" and the "needs a bit of practice."

Well, I'm all for you doing this, providing the person with current CPanel access is inactive or doesn't object, but I want you to make sure the "I hope" and the "my something needs a bit of practice" is out of there first, okay?

Nothing personal. I just want to make sure nothing harms the site. Please make sure your practice is taken care of and your "I hope" situations become "I'm sure" situations before you actually get into this.

By the way, I must add this. We won't get into this new forum right away. We need to get everything else about the site in order first, and then make certain that the majority is okay with this, and that there are no objections or significant reasons not to switch.
As long as we keep what's important then it should be ok.
The i hope is cause i've enver upgraded a forum from phpbb before. While in theory when i upload the new forum i can tell it to use the old database, due to the way they are formated some data might be lost or it might just reformated. Anything done that affects the forum will not affect any other part of the site.

The practice bit is because i've been using C# for the past 3 months, and while similar to php there are difference. The good thing about ipb is that you don't actuly need to know how php works to instal it or moddify it. Just to fix it.

http://www.islesofeuphranor.com/forum/index.php

Thats my lastest forum. It has no skin changes cause i haven't bothered with them but as you can see everything works. There are a few moddifcations on it, mainly a birthday greeter. I've also managed to instal several shout boxes and i got some other things on my system i can try out.

There is a forum program called muji pets, you get a pet on the forum and you look after and care for him with points you get from posting. There are also arcades, RPG's, banned misiry.
I think a parallel forum should be created with the new software, and then once the procedure of porting old threads and user accounts is mastered they are brought over, after which the forum is activated.
I can try that. But that would mean having c-panel access.
Anonmon Wrote:I think a parallel forum should be created with the new software, and then once the procedure of porting old threads and user accounts is mastered they are brought over, after which the forum is activated.

I think we shouldn't risk breaking our communication channel just to replace it with different software... though if it is changed, it should be done like Anon says.
If it is changed the forum will be down for an hour while i upload files, after that the forum will be up. There is no risk as to if there is a forum or not, the only thing is you might have to remake your accounts.
Personally I say, "Why not?" If you think it is better go ahead. I do say that it would be a shame to loose my account credit, but I'll be content just as long as I know when the board would go down with plenty of time before hand.
Okay, if you can do it like that. Do you know how to keep the icons like the one on the Post Reply button?

I think it's going to be even longer until we can do this or the site is back to normal. Chibi's e-mail is down and I still need stuff from him that is important to the site. Which means that right now, I'm running this place on air. Not many people have sent their work, so there won't be much of an update this weekend either. And as for the forum, I don't have c-panel access. I'm not even an admin on the site yet. I don't know who has c-panel access here, and if he or she still plans to continue with it, at which point there would be a dilemma. But I agree with Anonmon. If we're going to do this, we should do it that way.