Join our server on Discord

Heart = What? and other things.
Found these on the internet:
First the shape of a valentine's day heart is actually what?

The typical shape of a heart has been represented for years as a universal symbol of love. Yet what we have come to recognize as a Heart is actually a version of what was recognized in the days of the ancient Romans and the Greeks as the symbol for female sexuality and lust. Depending on which end was up, it meant two things... if point down, the upper curves symbolized the swelling curves of the female breasts, while the point at the bottom represented the pubic triangle. Rare in portrayal, but also more explicit, was if the heart-shape was shown point-up; the two lower curves of the heart symbol were the imitation of the spread outer labia, while the sharpened top imitated the inner labia meeting at the clitoral hood.

The Heart symbol would often be found in the temples of Venus (Aphrodite) and Juno (Hera) the two major matriarchal goddesses. However while the point-down symbol was commonly linked to the "motherhood" aspect of Juno/Hera, the more sexually-imitative point-up symbol was typically associated with Venus, not because she was the goddess of love, but that she was the goddess of sex and ardour.

What one must keep in mind is that in opposition of what has been written about Greek life is the belief that they were a patriarchal favoring society. This is untrue in everyway. In fact, it is just the opposite. The Grecian society lived in honor and reverence of women, and saw them each as goddesses in their own way. And they had variety of depictions of how their goddesses looked on terms of physical beauty. Archeology has discovered from painted statues that Aphrodite was not blonde but rather she was red. Athena the Goddess of Wisdom had raven features, and the goddesses Hera and Maia were blondes.

What is also proof of Greek matriarchal favoring is that Greece was the first country in Europe if not the world where female homosexuality surfaced in a recognizable widespread fashion, from the island of Lesbos - thus giving female homosexuals today the title of lesbians. Because of this understanding of female homosexuality they were like-wise open to male homosexuality, which flourished during the Alexandrian period of Greece.

Over time with the fall of matriarchal favoring Greece and the growing patriarchal Rome, along with the spread of Christianity, the vaginal symbol of Aphrodite was converted into the symbol that we know it as today, simply because of the fact that the patriarchal Christian religion could not tolerate a representation of female sexual pleasure. Especially when it was associated with female homosexuality.

Thus the true meaning of the heart symbol.

Next like the site http://www.superdickery.com/ which shows that superman is a dick, comes a site which may explain why he is.
http://www.iancgbell.clara.net/vortex/superman/
What I found weirder is that his home planet had an uranium core and that's why it blew up.

And last something I have no idea why it's funny.
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=163
And just because I didn't want to make two topics I took three different things I found and thought I post them.
The heart is based on the breasts? Then how do you explain a heart-shaped box? lol
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
how do you explain your avatar looking like the 40 year old virgin?

anyway thank you UnknownH i learned something new. why cant they teach stuff like this in school, i would have showed up more often if they did ^^
Quote:1. pwned link send redefine 1,052 up, 283 down

A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned."

Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned."

It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force."Man, I rock at my job, but I still got a bad evaluation. I was pwned."

OR

"That team totally pwned us."
Oh, so that's what it means. I can see how you'd be bitter about that.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
The heart is based on the breasts but turn it upside down and it's a vagina.
That's where you get the heart shaped box. And this is the stuff you could only learn on the internet.
That's whythe guys say they want to conquer a woman's heart.....
....huh?!
No that's not why. No one really know about this comparison.
i dont want to conquer hearts, i just want to seduce the masses while dancing around to "coin lockers baby" and cosplaying as my manga self. (and constantly surrounded by cosplayers/crossplayers )
UnknownH Wrote:The heart is based on the breasts but turn it upside down and it's a vagina.

I knew it! The moment I saw Rouge the Bat in SA2:B, I knew it had to be something like that!
You know that only makes her character worse if you think about it. Good thing it wasn't upside down.