Join our server on Discord

So, I want to watch... the last two seasons of Digimon
Are those eps subbed or dubbed?
Don't know, never checked.
I haven't checked, but I'm sure most of them will be dubbed. Most episodes aren't subbed.
Yeah wolf pack productions do the subbing.
Thanks guys, I'm downloading seasons 1-3 in english dubs right now. Despite the annoying voices, I'm having a good time watching them. My main concern is censorship - am I missing much because I'm watching the americanized version instead of the original japanese?
Quote:am I missing much because I'm watching the americanized version instead of the original japanese?

From having never seen any episode that wasn't English dubbed I'd assume most of the basic plot like the main characters, the quest to save the digital world and the digimon themselves was kept. However, nearly all content considered lewd or too mature for the Y-7 age area was scrapped, changed to something else or was toned down. The following were examples of things I've seen reported on other web pages of which was not present in the dub versions. I do not know if the following is true or not since like I've mentioned, never saw the original but judging from what they are it seems like a dub team would change them.

In the episode of season 2 where Veemon first digivolves into ExVeemon, the Tortomon that chased them was actually urinating and ran after the two because he thought they were intruding on his privacy, not because of the boulder thing. This would explain why Davis asked him to wash his hands.

In the episode of season 2 where Angewomon and LadyDevimon meet again the two have another slap fight before the actual fight commenced.

In the episode of season 1 where the digidestined spend the night in Devimon's mansion, Tai and Matt get out of the tub naked trying to pull Joe inside and their backsides are clearly seen. Then after Palmon throws Gomamon to the other side he actually hits Joe on the head knocking both of the out causing the digidestined to fall to the floor stomach first.

In the episode of season 3 where Henry chooses Terriermon as his playable digimon for the new game he got, Terriermon was at one point going to the bathroom.

In the episode of season 1 where Wizardmon finds Kari's digivice, he didn't have chili sauce when DemiDevimon approached him. He had a beer bottle and was pretending he was drunk.

In the episode of season 1 where T.K. runs around Puppetmon's mansion, he had a gun and shot the Mushroomon and Blossomon T.K. encountered dead because he thought they were lying to him about the young boy's whereabouts.

In the episode of season 2 where Matt and Ken go to Mexico, a guard standing in front of the temple actually pointed his gun at the two of them causing both to back off.

In the episode of season 3 where Gargomon almost attacks Rika with his Gargo Laser attack, the shot of him standing in front of her from a distance was edited so his arm wasn't pointed at her. It was only for about a second but still existed.

In the episode of season 3 where Ms. Asaji runs after the kids saying she was worried about them she was actually worried about her career and what affect them leaving would have on it.

In the episode of season 1 where the digidestined are back in Japan and are trying to get a ride Sora's obnoxious cousin doesn't pick them up, they hitchhike.

In the episode of season 1 where the Gotsumon and Pumpkinmon are having fun and Myotismon sends them to a dungeon, in the original he just kills them instead.

In the episode of season 1 where the flashback to Tai almost killing Kari by taking her outside and was standing in the hospital, a shot of his mother slapping him was cut.

In the episode of season 3 where Guilmon and Calumon draw the star in the playground, the star was originally a Jewish star.

I assume there are many more things, probably too many to even name. Also many jokes and one liners in the dub were added, music was different, endings to seasons I heard were not the same and obviously voices and the credits were different too.
Thanks for that post; I was concerned that there was a real story change, although I would like to see a translation of the final episode of zero-two that aired in Japan.

Anyway, I'll try to enjoy the americanized version for what it is; a good anime with lots of dumb one-liners and a few scenes edited out.

Only problem is nobody is seeding the only torrent for Tamers I could find, so I may not get to watch that anytime soon..
Harie Wrote:Well http://www.wpp-fansubs.com/ has season four with the original Japanese with fansub. There is another site that had direct, but it's not really working right now.

I just watched that. It's as good as digimon gets. Thanks.