Join our server on Discord

DaD - Now what?
That actually wasn't the issue I was going on about, and I did say a bunch of this around the first few posts of this thread, but alright.

I've worked with two large websites, both of which were shut down due to financial issues. I was the backup updater, for when the regular dude could not show up (which was fairly often), and I handled questions on the help portion of the site. I've worked with raw HTML like this, and pretty much enjoyed it. And I dudn't only update. This was a product website, so we were constantly getting questions, some of which I posted, others I only answered or had someone else answer and then just let it go.

Updates for here? You can usually expect updates from me regularly on weekends. On weekends I'm usually bored out of my mind and have nothing to do, so unless I'm not going to be here or have something important to do elsewhere, that update's going to be done. And the 5 hour thing? Hey, I can work on the HTML for a couple hours on weekdays and just copy and paste what I did there for this site. Updating regularly is no problem. If the update is delayed, I let the community and the administrators know and know why so that they don't have to wonder what's up. I can handle problems with individuals in communities, I can get things where they need to be without messing up the structure of the site, and I can handle updates regularly. So far, I can guarantee that I'm not on anybody's hate list in this community, so there will be no social problems or scenes in this site if I'm the updater. And pressure? Pressure is not an issue. As I said, if I know things are going to get tight one weekend, I work on it a bit at a time during the weekdays to at least shorten the time I'll have to be here on the weekend to update. With all responsibility comes pressure, even if it's small. Trust me, I can handle both, have in the past, and probably always will have to, whether or not I start updating here. Pressure is not an issue that I'd have to worry about.

About me then. My real name is Wolfe Anders, believe it or not. I've been here for a couple of years now, but I've only posted my yaoi stories, just like on the DHZ. I like writing stories, doing outdoor stuff like sports or just walking around, TV, sometimes video games, or just chilling with friends. A few things I stand for are punctuality and fairness, fun and responsibility. There's more, but I'm just putting down the first few in my head.

There, now you know more about me and why I'd be a good choice to help. But in reality, Soni, I did not say all of that just to support myself. I was talking about in GENERAL. UnknownH said we should choose Boss Reo and Red Rover because they've been here the longest. I was merely commenting in general to tell everyone why that's not a good reason to pick somebody.

Wolves rule.
I could, but I already own 2 forums, plus multiple website. I do not want more responsability. I also can not affourd the price. It takes a lot of stress to be an admin in any forum or website that I also own one. The updates are hard and that the bullcrap that the admin has to hear is big. One of my forums has over 150 members, small compare to a lot of places, but I hear 3 completes every day at a minumin.
Hmmm, this thread sucks. All I see here are a bunch of God-know-who-they-are trying to get power here, not intending to solve anything.

But like I said, nobody wants my help here, so never mind.

*leaves thread definitely*

PS Never mind, even Chibi Rena said 'the admin guy', 'the updating guy'.
Well this this will take a lot longer to fix won't it.
Alright, we'll have a poll. To everyone running for anything: Who are you, who trusts you, why and what will you do to get the site thriving again?
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Hmmm, this thread sucks. All I see here are a bunch of God-know-who-they-are trying to get power here, not intending to solve anything.

Rude, pessimistic comments aren't necessary and aren't helping. And administrators and board moderators are the only ones with any power whatsoever over the members of the community.

Anonmon Wrote:Alright, we'll have a poll. To everyone running for anything: Who are you, who trusts you, why and what will you do to get the site thriving again?

Wolfe Anders

Clarence T, Jo-Lo, many non-artists and non-authors in the community, and I have no clue who else-- that's a tough question to know for sure.

I want this site to be updated regularly. Understandably, ChibiRenamon's schedule forced him to neglect updating for a while, and even before Togashi came and left again, updates were not regular. I want to make sure this site is updated about once weekly, most likely on weekends, and make sure the updates are thorough. I also want to keep problems at a minimum by adding more messages to the community about what should and shouldn't be sent. I want to do all this because it will attract more visitors and authors and artists and at a speedier rate, to keep the comminuty going, and to get the schedule of the site more organized.
And since you plan for an increase in site traffic and submissions, how do you plan to deal with that? It will mean more newbies on these boards (some of them undoubtedly obnoxious) and more submissions (some of them undoubtedly spam or sent wrongly). It will most definitely mean more work for you. How do you plan to deal with the consequences of your own prediction?

And moreover, what will you do if that prediction doesn't come true?
I've worked with people like that for ages. In fact, my actual job includes working with people like that. I'll have time to help them. If it's spam, what I just delete it and send a warning. If they try again to spam, I give them another warning. On the third time, their e-mails will be blocked or ignored, and I'll explain why.

By "sent wrongly," do you mean wrong format, or like sending something that isn't theirs? Wrong format is simple to correct-- just change the file extension. If that doesn't work, I'll let the sender know, and ask him or her to send a copy in the correct format. If the person is sending something that isn't theirs, and I know about it, I don't include it in the update. Point-blank. No exceptions, unless I can contact the author or artist and get confirmation that this person is allowed to post this work. Naturally, I'll let the sender know.

I have time for more work. I'll work on it a bit during the weekdays, and actually post the HTML as an update on the weekend.

And if my predictions don't come true, I try harder to make them come true. If THAT doesn't work, I'll just make new predictions. I'll just have to be ready for anything at all.
my vote is for wolfe. by the way, how are the lists going?
Veemon's Followers
Thanks, blue! And... uh... That question may not be for me, but exactly what list do you mean?