Join our server on Discord

DaD - Now what?
Having a special section for Adult Groups might be a way to lure them into the conditions in which they can be deleted.

I really don't think that if we keep the site running and fund the thing moderately we're going to have trouble keeping the lemon section up. Text is smaller than pictures in filesize (less bandwidth), people take longer to read a lemon than look at a picture (thus reducing repititious bandwidth load from people who move from one picture to another quickly), and text can sometimes (if the site's designed that way) be more easily integrated into a website (easier to update).

For example, the current level of funding Chibi Renamon has been pouring into the site (thanks Chibi!) has been enough to keep the lemon section up.

If we wanted to, also, we can resurrect the discussion of how to make that section easier to update and maintain, but I don't think we need to worry about whether the lemon section will stay up. It is the baseline, IMHO, and either it stays up or nothing does.
Quote:Quote:
I think someone suggested that before. But it is a great idea if it can work.

Yeah, somebody mentioned that. I don't see why everyone can't use the Yahoo picture things that we use.

Iwas the one who came up with that idea in the other thread, remember?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I would have volunteered for a bit of the work (can't do all and can't give any money :cry: but I do have a site and stuff) but since Chibi said it had to be sb people trusted, I don't see my name anywhere in this discussion.
We forgot all about the people running the site.... I guess it's Chibi's turn to decide who is who then, unless we have more candidates. Anyway, I got zero feedback on my idea for auctioning stories and art. Is it a possibility or what?

Curiosity kills the cat...
but the Wolfe lives on.
The thing about trust is because reo and red rover have been here or been submitting work since the site began so they're really trusted, like soni is.
Maybe some of us could be mods or something.
Just so you know, I'm NOT saying this because I want to do updates.
I do, but this is just something I had to get off my mind after reading that last post.

I have no problem whatsoever with Reo or Rover. They seem to be really cool people. But you can't change time. NOBODY can change time except God Himself. How can anybody else prove their worth if they don't have a chance? Maybe everybody else wasn't here when this site began, but they can't help that, and the can't change it, so it's not fair to just dismiss them just because you have two people who have been here since the site started. Then the ones who haven't will NEVER be trusted in a way close to that.

And me? I've got some friends in this site, but I'm not well-known and have not been here as long as Reo or Rover. But I'm willing to help and can be just as committed to the site as any of them. So the stuff about being here for so long? It really shouldn't make a difference.

I hope I'm not starting trouble by saying this, it's just something I had to say.
I second, despite the fact that I'm not running for anything. The modern DaD community is the people here posting on this board, and they/we should have some influence, even if none of us are administrator.
Uh... Hold on. Ok forget what I said and let's just agree with the choice of choosing red and rover for one of the positions around here.
I agree with everything Da_WOLFE just said. Ever since I first saw this site, I've been coming back to it, but I didn't come across it until maybe 2 months are so, about that long, and have been checking back on this site almost everyday, but if I'd been here since the beginning, then I'd still be checking back here everyday, but with respect. Attitude is was gains respect, not age.
We could, however, rover hasn't offered, and we shouldn't just draft anyone. I know they're both considered trustworthy, though. Plus, I'm running against reo for the updating thing.

I'm going for the good of the site. I don't know what reo can do, but I know what I can do, and I know I can do very well, so I'm sticking with myself at this time.

And another thing. With no disrespect intended, I don't agree to things just because someone says to.
Well, here's the deal Wolfy: It's not that you're too new, it's that you're not well-known enough. People on the board don't feel they REALLY know you and what you stand for. If you want to be taken seriously, you should explain to people, as detailed as you can, why you'd be the man who would be a good updater. You need to tell people more about your skills, your plans for the site, how often you think you'd be able to update, etc.

What I've personally heard from everyone who's ever asked me if they could help me run the DHZ is something along the lines of, "Let me help you because I want to help," but there isn't any GOOD reason to trust them or their word that they'd even be able to help at all.

Most people start off strong, but keep in mind that this site is the biggest digimon hentai site on the net. When word gets around that it's updating again, whoever's doing the updating is going to get flooded with new submissions. Most people piddle out after a couple of weeks under that pressure. If you want people to support you, show them why you WON'T be the type to buckle when the pressure turns up.
Soni