Join our server on Discord

DaD - Now what?
This whole funding group has a very serious flaw. If there were so many people willing to contribute money to the site to keep it afloat, why haven't there been many donations as is? Money wouldn't be a problem in the first place if people were as eager to donate as dreams of a funding group suggests they are.

Basically, if someone asks you to spend money on a site that you don't benefit from just so that other people can view the site for free, are you really going to leap into the fray and start spending? Most people would rather be one of the ones who gets to view the site for free if they can. I don't know how many altruists there are who go to this site, but relying on them being there is a real leap of faith.

Perhaps some way that they would benefit from being donators would help garner support. Like, some sort of special "donators only" section of the site with special content just for them or something. Of course, to do THIS, you'd need to have various artists who would be willing to create special art for free, which leads to a new, but similar set of problems.
Soni
Let's analyze what we have now. We have the small amount of donations, and someone said they're willing to pay up to 5 bucks (monthly, I believe) to keep it up. Plus, those were just random donations. Does the community know that the site is in danger of collapsing? If not, we should really ask them for their help and let them know why before we conclude that way. So, how much might this be in total?

Here's another idea, though it could be pretty complicated. How about art auctions? We could ask some willing artists to create some stuff exclusively for auctions, and auction it on this site, and keep a small percentage of it for the wellbeing of the site. The rest would go to the artist, so the artist wouldn't be doing it for free. Maybe we could do something similar with stories, though it may be less popular than the art. Like show a preview, the first part, or a summary of the story, and have a link that says "Find out what happens for only $x.xx!" Of course, I'm not too sure how much a picture or story would go for. Once I was redirected to a site by mistake--I believe it was called "FurEAuctions," or maybe "FurAuctions." I saw a picture, but didn't really stick around long enough to look for a price.

I'm sorry if this idea sounds dumb. I'm just throwing in random ideas.
Quote:Cause I only have little pixel things and you I think only had some pictures so putting all this on a photo album would be weird. (plus the groups wouldn't work either because yahoo likes to delete stuff.)
Can Yahoo delete photos marked as private/friends only (I honestly don't know)? If they can't, putting members in for the friends only feature could work. That could also be a way to do the exclusive access content that Sonimon just mentioned.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
This sort of explains why ever other damned hentai site in the world seems to have restricted content areas.
Let's worry about one thing at a time. We still have the stories that need to be updated, and the rest of the place to run. Let's take care of that, and then we'll figure out the art.
Or... People that make lemons if they also draw some pictures, for the shorter lemons, make comics? Or something like that? Maybe lemon/comics? I've seen sites selling hentai comics before, maybe we could have something like that?

EDIT: And speaking of the yahoo group things, yea, a LOT of them get deleted. Whenever I've tried accessing some, I can usually get about 1 out of 5, for the other ones have been deleted. Just something to add about the yahoo grouping.
To clarify yahoo only deletes adult related groups that's what I mean. Sorry for the confusion.
Why'd they delete Adult-related groups when they have a category especially for adult-related groups?
Quote:Why'd they delete Adult-related groups when they have a category especially for adult-related groups?
To catch people who stole cable, the cable company aired a commercial on a PPV that only stolen cable systems would see. It said that if they wanted a free t-shirt for the event, they just had to call their cable operators. It might be something like that.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I don't get it, but okay, I'll leave that for now. Now then, what are we going to do about the site?