Join our server on Discord

DaD - Now what?
::pulls cigarette out of mouth:: Mmm! I just had a thought. What if we did something similar to the Jab Archives or WWOEC, and have seperate webpages for artists via different hosts, and have our main site be the central link system and have them all listed? For those who dont have a website, we could possibly have one created for them with a default template and give them their passwords and such for it so they can access into it later on to make changes.
I think someone suggested that before. But it is a great idea if it can work.
Like Soni said, you would have to find the artists and ask permission to move their work.
What about the cost of all those sites? We can't use free hosting, they don't allow what we have.
It's a bad idea to give the artists permission to change their websites. Some don't know about HTML and will want to make a change, and when they try, they could end up making mistakes. And others that know about HTML might make mistakes as well. We'd need a repair team also.
Wolfie, can you PLEASE stop multi-posting, for God's sake? It's really getting irritating. If you're going to respond to someone's post, please just put ALL of what you want to say in one thing. I'm sorry, but it's really starting to bug me.
lol sorry, Boss, I didn't mean to. I just keep thinking of extra things to post after I've already posted something. lol I'll try harder.
Quote:I think someone suggested that before. But it is a great idea if it can work.
:roll: Yeah, somebody mentioned that. I don't see why everyone can't use the Yahoo picture things that we use.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Why don't we expand the funding group a bit? That way, we can create another site for art from a low-cost hosting company and simply change the link on the main www site to that page. We can ask visitors and artists or authors on the DaD for their help with funding, and, like I said, find people who want to help regularly with funding (the actual funding group).
Wisemon Wrote::roll: Yeah, somebody mentioned that. I don't see why everyone can't use the Yahoo picture things that we use.
Cause I only have little pixel things and you I think only had some pictures so putting all this on a photo album would be weird. (plus the groups wouldn't work either because yahoo likes to delete stuff.)