Join our server on Discord

DaD - Now what?
OK, is there anyone around who isn't really hated by anyone (preferably not even the DHZ folks, we do need to coexist), AND can handle running a website?

This whole group idea is looking better and better. One person could do funding, another run the boards, one manager who gets input from the others to make policies and one techie to keep things up and running or do updates.
Well, I've been hoping I've managed to stay under the Hater radar, excluding Marc's little thread about me that he did last year...
And Marc is a stupid prick, so that wouldn't count anyway.
Soni
Well, it wasnt necisarily Marc's comments that got to me, but the replies from so many people I thought I was cool with that had me feeling so low. T____T

Some people are just fickle, i guess...
Red Rover as site admin sounds fine with me, providing that he actually shows up and does it. To my awareness he's pretty much a lurker when he doesn't send lemons in. As admin he'd take a more active role, though, right?

An idea on the art section: Has anybody else suggested we arrange to have art disseminated by BitTorrent? If not, I'm suggesting it.
I'm not positive, but I think people would probably disagree with having their work bittorentized. Kinda like offsite hosting: it's less costly to the site, but it makes people feel foolish about being part of a site when they're not really part of it. Also, it's rough as it is to find a hosting site that will allow this sort of content even though it's legal. BitTorrent would work since it's not technically being hosted by any one particular site, but that means that some new artwork would come in slower than others or not available at all. It IS an interesting concept, though.
Soni
Da WOLFE Wrote:Hey there!

I am a lemon author here on this site. I don't know if many know me, espescially since the only stories I've posted here are my yaoi ones.

Well, the odds may be against me then. I've been on the DaD for a couple years, give or take a few months, but I've never really had a chance to get to know many people here. I think Soni may know me, since I've posted on DHZ a couple times. He said my stories were okay but yaoi wasn't really in his cup of tea. And, like I said, the only ones I've posted are my yaoi ones. Just wanted a few reactions to those before I try posting others. Clarence T knows me fairly well (I added something for him in one of my stories.) Jo-Lo knows me as well, though we haven't talked in a while.

Well, even though I'm not extremely well-known throughout this site, I'm willing to do this. I can do updates on most weekends, because that's when I have the most free time. So I think updates would be as regular as I can get them.

Just so ya know what I'm about!

Wise, good luck with your college thingy (I don't remember exactly what it was, sorry--lol)

And, to whoever the new admin is too! As long as we can keep the place up and running!
Quote: I think Soni may know me, since I've posted on DHZ a couple times.

That is... unless this is a different Sonimon! :?:
Anonmon Wrote:This whole group idea is looking better and better. One person could do funding, another run the boards, one manager who gets input from the others to make policies and one techie to keep things up and running or do updates.

Okay, I should really start paying more attention to posted messages! Yeah, working as a team would seem better. This way, if one person for some reason can't do their part for a while, then the others can help. There'd be a staff instead of... well... a monarchy, I guess I could say.

Well, if I were part of this whole thing, I'd want to be the so-called "techie" (nice terminology, Anon :P ) that takes care of updates and keeping things up. I have some experience with websites, and updates should be simple. Plus, doing updates and and stuff would give whoever gets that part a good chance to interact with the community.

By the way, Wolfe isn't a nickname. Just a random thing a couple people were wondering about before.

Look towards the moon.
Howl on!
Anonmon Wrote:
UnknownH Wrote:Yes a group of people wuld be the best idea for this site. Two to help run and two to help fund it. Something like that. (and anon are you serious?)

Serious about giving some money if I can keep my parents from knowing or the nomination?

Add your bank account to paypal. Then you can send anybody anywhere money and no incriminating credit card bills to worry about.

Personally, I'd be willing to set aside up to 5$ a month to contribute to hosting costs. I assume the 2-CD price is per month? In that case we only need 7 more people paying into the pot to keep the site up.

Also, I'm a "techie" too, if you need another one. Perhaps I could help streamline the code to shave off bandwidth?