Join our server on Discord

Multi Season Spanning Plot Hole
I think I may have spotted a pretty big plot hole in 02. Specifically in the episode where Izzy T.K. and Kari were explaining to the 02 digidestined why their partners couldn
I don't think that their crest power was tangible, it would always be with them but they expanded a certain amount of it to help the digital world.

I'm sure it could be explained but I think it'd be more indepth than they just gave them up completely, and be more about them expending so much of their crest energy that the power lay dorment (still a part of them) and needed to be reawakened, like in your TK example, it was by the Destiny Stone, but that's just my view on it.
That's just the problem with the plot hole though. The crest powers should have still been within them meaning they really wouldn't have needed Azulongmon's digi-core to allow their partners to go ultimate, they'd just have to believe, want and need it enough for the digimon to digivolve to ultimate regardless of other issues. They learned that when they fought Apokarimon so they should have still known that even after
In Bob Dylan's book, he claimed that he didn't know how he wrote his songs, and that he had no intention of leading any movements. People just read into his lyrics a bit too much. Wink

If I had to make an excuse...I think it was said that the crests were used to rebuild after the Dark Masters were booted out, right? You want to know why the kids didn't lose their good qualities? Maybe Sora just had love to spare, and something similar for the other kids, but I don't think it was the personality "energy," but something like a digital sparkplug that the crests provided, and the kids were the fuel.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Hold on let
Ken didn't have to be with the Highten View crew, because he got to be Ryo's sidekick, or something like that.

As far as the other crest energy thing goes, if you've solved it for yourself, good for you. If something still bugs you, I'll try to help you rationalize it.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against