Join our server on Discord

Paying for working
Yeah I need to fix my scanner for that. And you see there are worse lines then what I said. That was just one off the top of my head.
Using a Wisemon's quote....today I should have stayed in bed.
Today I screwed up more than all my practice altogether.
1- I asked a question to the boss about a gadget I'd never used before. He took me apart and said 'You never, EVER ask a question in front of the patients. You act confidently' and he stacked me with a lot of homework to boot. (he knows I have 3 exams coming...)
2- One patient I've been taking care of very long asked me to put her magnetotherapy instead of the shortwave the boss had told me, and I looked at her knee and said 'True, you have it swollen'(you never put a shortwave in a swollen knee) When he saw this, he scolded me again.
3- A patient that came for the 2nd time, the boss said: 'You're doing great. One more session and you're outta here.' He asked me to take care of her. She walked with short but secure steps, with that four-legged gadget for walking, so I didn't put too much care; I just accompanied her. Usually, if a patient falls with that walker thing, she slowly keels over it, so you have time to grab and support her. No, this one THREW AWAY the walker forward in a sudden twist and fell on her back. It seems she fractured a shoulder or sth (next time I'll know). The other physios and patients told me 'Those things happen. It wasn't your fault' but I bet the boss will lower my score for this as well.
Out of all the patients in the world, I had the 1 over 100,000 that falls in her ass instead of slumping over the walker?!
Wish I had that luck for lottery....
4- The boss attended the smoker fart instead of me, but she got to me and yelled 'I've been waitng for over half and hour!!!!I'm freezing cold!!!!' 'So?-I answered- I'm not treating you today. Go ask the boss-he's the one that takes care of you today' She gave me a deadly glare and strutted to the boss' office.
Thank goodness he does know she's a fart.
5- Grabbed me for doing more paperwork.
And I can't go and keel over my bed cuz I have to study for tomorrow's exam..... :(
Awww... everyone has bad days. Maybe after your exam we can talk.
Hope evrithing will get better, such things happen from time to time I should know :)
If the situation gets desperate, and it looks like you might get failed, I know some desperate measures you can take:
1. Threaten your patients; tell them you'll make more "mistakes" if they don't say a few good words about you to the boss (while you're in the room, if possible). Alternatively, bribe them with morphine.
2. For future patients with walkers, duct tape their hands to the walker, and you won't have to worry about them.
3. If you don't know what you're doing in front of the boss, start by trying to find the solution yourself using medical logic, and if that doesn't work, say something like, "We have a few routes for treatment, each with benefits and drawbacks. Which would you recommend?" Of course, you'll want to be a little less vague, just to prove that you know something about the problem.
4. If all else fails, and you really want to play dirty, figure out which patients/doctors are sexually harassing you (or trick them into harassing you), and file a lawsuit.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wow, you don't pull any punches do you?
If I were to punch, but I prefer high kicks and submission holds. :)
I know that you saw me.
Ok you don't pull any kicks then. :)
I'm paying for work too! Well, rather, my mother. I go to a camp and have gone since I was 6. Now, I become a counselor in training. So, I get half off (they used to be able to go for free, but money has dried up), so now I get to have all the responsibility without any of the pay!

But, it's cool, I guess. The kids are alright, the counselors are cool, and I have some great friends there.
First of all, that doesn't even come close to the hardship of a foreign residency. You know, I volunteered with kids during the school year at an after school program. Are all of the kids at your camp a different race than you? If they were, you'd exterminate.
I know that you saw me.