Join our server on Discord

Won't you get the fuck out of my face? NOW!
My mom told me that I have two weeks (less now) to get a summer job, or I'd be thrown out of the house, only because she doesn't like seeing me doing nothing (she considers writing stuff that both enlightens and entertains to be "nothing"). I've applied to about thirty different engineering jobs, and I've managed to get a few interviews, but trying my best isn't good enough for that bitch. Yesterday, she made me apply to a retail job. The whole point of me quitting retail was to get a "real" job, one suited to my skills. She said she doesn't care what job I get; she just wants me out of the house. Today, she made me dumb myself down in an email, because according to her, it's a bad idea to say that you've already handed in an application, even if they're going to ask you the question anyway. She's also forced me to tell the occasional lie about past jobs. I'm a man of principles, and I shouldn't have to sell them just to please my mom. I don't even need the money, nor the job, until I graduate, which is when I'm far more likely to get a job. My mom has heard this argument, agreed, but told me that I still have to get a job, or I'm out of the house. I don't know how much longer I can keep myself from putting her in some painful submission hold every time I make a valid point that's answered with a threat.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
She's a bitch and if you have any good place to go you should leave anyway and then come back after getting a job with some moving men to get your stuff.
Wow that's pretty bad. You've said she liked the other two kids more then you and this may prove it. (But what has your sister or little brother done that was so big?)
My sister's going to Hungary to do neurobiology research in a lab, and she's getting funding from a Yale fellowship. My little brother is only nine, so he can't really do anything wrong, though I see plenty of things he's doing wrong. For one thing, he's more overweight than I was at his age. For another thing, he refuses any and all physical activities, and slacks off in his homework unless he's pressured. His extracurriculars are guitar lessons (cool) and acting (not cool, sorry Gnostic). Worst of all, because of my parents special influences, he only listens to Beatles songs and a few other pussy bands (like the Dixie Chicks). Did I mention that he's obsessed with gameshows, and forces the whole family to participate in the stupid ones that he creates? Yep, they still like him better than me. He doesn't have an "attitude." He isn't "irritable all the time."
I know that you saw me.
Wow I don't know what to say. I thought my aunt's jackassery about getting a job was bad but at least she hasn't threatened to kick me out of the house.
Wise, it seems hard to win but it'll all pull through eventually.
While you can't beat your sister still your little brother is pretty bad. Atleast you tried to lose some weight, have your own oppinion, and work hard. So I don't see anything wrong with that. (Except that you're the middle kid and that's never good.)
No, I'm not the middle kid; I'm the oldest. That's how much my sister outshines me. I just had an interview today, and it didn't go so well. They were manufacturing, and I was a design guy. I had to keep using the excuse that I went to a university and not a tech school, so didn't work on too many projects that involved physical labor. My only saving grace was my English minor; they said they could use somebody to write reports, but probably not me. I just applied to Best Buy tonight. I thought I swore off retail, but I'm not getting a real job until I graduate; I just know it. I may even reapply back at the hardware store, where it's back to wood allergies, the cement floor, and NASCAR fans. :cry:
I know that you saw me.
NASCAR fans?

*Cut to the scene from Wayne's World 2 where Garth was getting his teeth drilled at a Kenny G Concert.*

*Shudder* I've got quite a few fanatic NASCAR fans in my family so I know how annoying that can be. My Uncle got into a fist fight with his brother-in-law once over Jeff Gordon.
Some other details from the interview yesterday that I forgot to mention:
The company was small, so the biggest questioning part of my interview was a meeting with the president of the company. The president grilled me. Had I been to any other manufacturing plants? "No, just Lego, and they didn't make the pieces there." Do you have experience in metal work projects? "Not much, just my shop qualifying class." I have this windshield that I need to stretch to a mold to make. How would you make the mold? "Pull a heated clamp at each end?" Have you ever encountered any difficulties in a project team? "I had a guy who refused to work, and I tried to convince the professor to grade him accordingly." You said you write; what do you write? Do you write technical reports? "Um, sure, I could, I do." That's interesting, very interesting.

So, I think it was the writing factor...they gave me the job. The last job I expected to get, and I got it. Now, the tough part is going to be keeping it. I'm not out of danger yet, because I could seriously be in over my head. Even if I succeed, they might expect some loyalty, and I might have to stay in manufacturing, at least until the president dies. Until Monday, I'm feeling relieved.
I know that you saw me.