Join our server on Discord

As you abuse and objectify all the emotions you defeat
For my 1400th post, I thought I'd share a little poem. This was inspired by seeing a female friend* of mine listening to stuff without really listening to it.

5 Cent

I wasn
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Aparently she wasn't but I never really liked rap anyway(strangly enough the only rap I can listen too is by a white guy). And another friend of mine made joke about teen pop culture in something he did earlier and about an evil plot device in a tv show controling it.
The last three lines of this ruin it.

If you're not down with thug rap and a lot of mainstream hip-hop today, that's fine, but then you have to make a ridiculous blanket statement that all "alternative rock" (whatever the hell that is, as if that's meant anything at all since, um... 1994?) is better than hip-hop. And I can tell you right now that's not true.

Wisemon Wrote:*I told her that she wasn't an individual, and now she hates me.

I'm sorry, but can you blame her?
Quote:The last three lines of this ruin it.
You might be surprised to hear this, but I agree with you. If I were to read this out loud, I would definitely change the ending, because I don't like it either.

Quote:you have to make a ridiculous blanket statement that all "alternative rock" (whatever the hell that is, as if that's meant anything at all since, um... 1994?) is better than hip-hop. And I can tell you right now that's not true.
Oh, it's true, and yes, I have to make it, just not necessarily in this poem.
I know that you saw me.
Good job. You may now go straight to www.youthrights.org to learn about genuine, positive youth stuff. Pass go and collect $200 while you're at it.
I used to be all about youth rights, until I realized that most youths were not as intelligent as myself. We should lower the voting age for members of NYRA and others who care about politics, but not for the kids who would, let's say, vote for Pete Coors because they like the twins in the beer commercials.

Note: Pete lost in a landslide.
I know that you saw me.
Wise, I couldn't agree more.
There is no way to pick out the smart youths from the dumb, and the dumb youths grow into dumb adults. So:

1. There are plenty of smart young people who deserve to vote.
2. There are plenty of dumb adults who don't deserve to vote.

And we take as postulate:

3. All human beings are entitled to some control of their own governance.

Therefore we can determine that the voting age should be lowered if not abolished. Any dumb youth population can be matched by a dumb adult population and likewise for the smarties.
Quote:There is no way to pick out the smart youths from the dumb, and the dumb youths grow into dumb adults. So:
There is a difference, the difference between ignorance and innocence. It all adds up to the same thing...or does it? When you consider, as previously mentioned, that Catholics are more likely to have multiple children, and Catholics are also more likely to vote Democratic, giving the vote to children (likely influenced by their parents) would help one side more than another. Of course, this has been taken into account by the side in power, so you won't see kids voting anytime soon.
I know that you saw me.