Join our server on Discord

Learning how to write lemons
So...any advice? What should a beginning lemon writer know?

I've been able to write them in co-writes, but I think one of my major problems is that my fics are so short...
First give some sort of disclaimer that warns people the following story is for mature audiences only. Second start with some sort of plot. Third continue with the said plot and add some sort of sex-related scene. Fourth finish up the plot with a conclusion or to be continued situation.

If you're having trouble with making lemons longer then use the show for inspiration. Hopefully you have access to the reruns on your local channels or taped them beforehand. If neither are availible then read other people's lemons. Remember, the most important thing is to have fun with writing. Don't get frustrated, take it slow. If you'd like to talk some more post a reply or send me an e-mail.
And for Gennai's sake use proper English. Everybody hates a lemon in 1337.
I think the site has a few things that might help.
Start with the show, and ask the "what if?" type questions in certain scenes. Learn who your characters truly are, and what they would do without the restrictions of TV Y7.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
No no, it's not the situation, it's the words themselves. Description has never been my strong suit, and a scene such as this would require a lot of description.
Well, for those of you who aren't minoring in English, I suggest an online thesaurus. Whenever you want to put in a word that sounds too plain, or you see yourself getting redundant, just type the word into your thesaurus. If you want to be really good, learn how to use metaphorical language.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Or if you have OpenOffice.org you get a built-in thesaurus. :P
All these replies look confusing. Here it is simply put.

1. The disclaimer's always a good idea. Try to make it more interesting, however. Add some comedy, or maybe something that'll catch a reader's attention.

2. Don't spend a lot of time with things like this:

---------------------------------FLASHBACK-------------------------------------

************************Point-Of-View Switch*******************

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Dream)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

And other things like that. If it's a flashback or a point-of-view switch or a dream, just make it obvious in words. Same for anything else of the sort.

3. USE PROPER GRAMMER! I cant belieev how manie peeps use bad grammer in storees they either dont speel good or put werds in rong places.

USE PROPER GRAMMAR! I can't believe how many people use bad grammar in their stories. They either don't spell well or put words in wrong places.

(Tell me. Which one is better and easier to read?)

4. Plot. Instead of some humdrum "Hi, nice to meet you, I'm a Flamedramon, let's have sex now, okay, goodnight, love you" kind of thing, put some EFFORT into it. Give your lemon an actual STORY. Add the sex scene in as something extra.

5. Ending. Instead of ending suddenly, give an actual conclusion. Maybe something from the story was solved or got worse. If your story ends right after a sex scene, what happens immediately after the characters have sex?

6. Details. Instead of something like "He climbed the mountain until he reached the top. He stared at the view for a while, and then fell asleep."

Try this.

"Joseph climbed the steep, rocky mountain until he finally reached the top. He stood and stared at the breathtaking view. It was so amazing! With a smile on his face, he lay in the cool grass and fell sound asleep."

It's longer and takes more time, but it makes your story a whole lot better in the long run.

7. Minimize profanity. I see profane words very often in lemons. However, it's important to realize that some people do read these things that really don't swear (e.g. me). So try and find substitutes for those words. Instead of f---, hump will work. Instead of a--, try butt or rear. Just a suggestion.

Well, that's basically it! I hope this helps, and good luck!
If your going to put real people, or charactors, like my charactor Baby Cyndaquil, let them know before hand. That is what aI got to do with my furry and babyfur stories aswell as some other stories that do not really belong here on the DAD.