Join our server on Discord

Anyone else obsessed with sword fights?
What's a billhook? Any pictures?
A billhook is an english polearm that was original a farming tool, (as most weapons start off as) It has a fat trawl that goes into a point for hunting (the spear) one side is sharped to chop wood ( the axe) and the other side had a hook (hence the name) witch was used for geting things from trees or draging animal bodys ( would be used to hook and drag men off there horse's or grab another persons weapon to stwist it out of there grip) this was later replaced by the bill-guisarmes witch is a diffrent animal to use.
Quote:A billhook is an english polearm that was original a farming tool, (as most weapons start off as) It has a fat trawl that goes into a point for hunting (the spear) one side is sharped to chop wood ( the axe) and the other side had a hook (hence the name)
How is that different from a halberd (sp?)?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I love sword fights. I've even taken some stage combat classes and I'm pretty dangerous with a rapier.
I love sword fights. I've even taken some stage combat classes and I'm pretty dangerous with a rapier.
Quote:How is that different from a halberd

for starters, a halberd is a swiss weapon mad to support the swiss pikemen. The halberders would travel behind the pikemen. when the calvery charch was stoped by the wall of spear points the halberders would walk threw the pike ranks and chop of the horse's legs and spear the riders. The halberd was never a farm tool and has no hooks mad to carry meat.

Froymen with billhooks travels in a mass to take on both enemy infentry and calvery. ultimitly they were used in diffrent ways yet the same way (if that makes any sence). you will find many polearms are a close family thing. kingdoms like england and the dutchery of swiss was the best with polearms do to there lack of horses to counter the french and german knights. Also in England the yeomen that carried the longbow
Yeah... I'm slowly begging to realize how good Polearms actually are... espcially in this one game I have, but anyways as pretty good as they are I doubt they'll ever be in too many action movies.
maybe so, but most action movies arnt historicly realistic...the key to a succesfull war is teamwork. not big guys swinging big swords...vary rarely that mad a diffrence.

The only real men that could turn a battle with there skills were the select few and the greatest.
Britanian chariot warriors
germanic berzerkers
the preatorian guard
veregian guard
saxon house cotes

other then that the movie great dramatize..the bigest example is Braveheart
Brrrrrrr.....guys that like weapons so much give me the shivers *shudders*
Awwww, double or triple posting.....