Join our server on Discord

Counter-Crests
Somewhere along the line someone, on either this board or a different Digimon board, brought up the subject of Counter-Chosen, a group of so-called 'evil' Chosen Children created for the sole purpose of maintaining the balance that the Good chosen have disrupted by defeating evils like Apocalymon & Vamdemon.

Anyway, I was thinking, if these Counter Chosen had crests opposite the regular chosen, what would they be?

Here's what I would think would be used:

Normal Crest/Digimental - Counter Crest/Digimental
-------------------------------------------------------------
Courage - Cowardace
Friendship - Isolation
Love - Hate
Knowledge - Ignorance
Purity - Corruption
Faith - Freedom
Hope - Despair
Light - Darkness
Miracles - Catastrophe
Kindness - Cruelty
Fate - Chaos
OK but freedom? That doesn't seem to fit. (to me it doesn't)
I think it would be cooler to base them on the Seven, like the movie of the same name. I could come up with already chosen to fill the roles:
Pride: Taichi/Ruki/Kouji (Take your pick)
Envy: Kenta (Very last to get Digimon)
Sloth: Hirokazu (Least motivated)
Wrath: Jenrya (Raising his fist to his sister, beating up neighborhood kid)
Greed: Mimi (Princess Karaoke)
Gluttony: Junpei (Obvious)
Lust: Izumi ("Disappointment" at end of night with Takuya)
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
That is sooo Westerner of you, Wisemon. I liked the first version except for "freedom", that should be Doubt IMHO. Who would the counter Digiagents be? You know, Genai's folks?
Anonmon Wrote:That is sooo Westerner of you, Wisemon. I liked the first version except for "freedom", that should be Doubt IMHO. Who would the counter Digiagents be? You know, Genai's folks?

Faith I was speaking of terms of faith and adherence to beliefs, with Freedom acting as total anarchy and belief in nothing.

That's what it suggested to me, anyway.

As for who the counter Chosen would be, why not kids chosen from different parts of the world? A German, an American, an Egyptian, etc...
Lol thats sorta like saying the people form there are 'evil', while the asians are 'good' well thats what it sounds like even though i know you didnt exactly mean that heh
You know you could use that idea if you change the name from freedom to what that word is. But I think Lord Archive made a group of evil chosen in a fic once, they were the dark spore kids.
The issue of where the Chosen come from is a tough one to deal with in fan material, because the stupid writers had a bias in favor of "District of Tokyo here", Japan. IMHO, a group of Chosen picked based only on virtues would come from all around the world. They'd have to learn a "digi-language" or have their digivices translate into one to work as a group.
UnknownH Wrote:You know you could use that idea if you change the name from freedom to what that word is. But I think Lord Archive made a group of evil chosen in a fic once, they were the dark spore kids.

This one is a little different, inspired by the recent plot in the Dominic Deegan comic. My Reverse Chosen have no real grudge against Tai's group, they where chosen by Xuanwumon to do acts of evil to maintain the balance, to keep the light from overwhelming the dark.
Ah, they've no real grudge against Taichi's group except that they do opposite work? How do they get to the Digital World? Do they have Digivices?