Join our server on Discord

About the new star wars film
I just saw an ad for it on television and it said it was PG-13. I assume it was a mistake since the t.v. usually gives the wrong rating which doesn't really matter because the MPAA is wrong with the reasons for the ratings at least half of the time. Anyway, I went to filmratings.com and looked up the movie and it indeed said it was PG-13.

www.imdb.com also says the same thing in the trivia section of the page of the movie. I am a huge star wars fan and I find it very strange of Lucas to push the content of this third installment to a higher rating. Being 20 years old it doesn't really effect me but what do the rest of you think about this?
To be honest?... I never gave it any thought period. I thought they were already PG-13.
Yeah what's the problem it's probally just because of this is more violent the others.
Keep in mind, the original movies pre-dated the PG-13 rating. I think the last one could've been PG-13 too, considering how Padme's nipples poked out the whole movie, which was carved into her action figure, causing a big controversy.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Quote:Keep in mind, the original movies pre-dated the PG-13 rating.

True. The MPAA was created around the 1960's and since then almost every film has gotten a rating unless its unrated although PG-13 did not exist. Also, when the special editions came back into theaters they were all given PG ratings which were pretty much the same exact films from before.
The nipples were carved into the figure? That's not the weirdest mechendice related thing I've heard recently but it is weird.
Wisemon Wrote:Keep in mind, the original movies pre-dated the PG-13 rating. I think the last one could've been PG-13 too, considering how Padme's nipples poked out the whole movie, which was carved into her action figure, causing a big controversy.

....I gotta check out Kaybees when Im in the mall, next time. >xD
It wasn't the regular figure; it was the super detailed (and barely poseable) Spawn-like one.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
They still sell those ones at Kaybees, you know.
They still sell a lot at kaybees, I went in there awhile ago and as I was walking down a row of stuff I remembered how I did that when I was little too. It was fun.