Join our server on Discord

Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi!
Hey you wise and anti-wise, they like to argue :D
Quote:Yeah right, I get it. You like three bands, and two of them are dead. Slayer is the only one still putting shit out, and they're wannabe death hair metal, which is why I made sure to exclude hair metal. I like enough bands to put over 3000 tracks on my Dell DJ, and I buy compilation CD's to try out new and independent bands. Pink Floyd might've had a few good concepts, but you're kidding yourself if you think death/hair lyrics have meaning. Music hasn't lost its art; you've lost touch with music.

Slayer is definitely not hair metal, and they definitely have some good songs, like Seasons Of The Abyss, Killing Fields, Black Magic ete. Along with Iron Maiden (still doing tours), which has songs like Still Life, Revalations, Fear Of The Dark ete.

And I like other bands, post-punk is big with me, along with other Metal Bands like Machine Head, Anthrax, Rage Against the Machine (though I've heard only a few songs like Renegades) ete. Also bands like Led Zeppelin (once you get past their really popular stuff they can be quite artistic), and some old blues is good too.
Quote:Slayer is definitely not hair metal,
They don't have the drums to call themselves death metal, and they don't have the depth to call themselves alternative metal. Therefore, they're hair metal. It's not the worst company; early Metallica falls into the same category.

Quote:Machine Head, Anthrax
More hair metal

Quote:Led Zeppelin
Another dead band.

Quote:Rage Against the Machine (though I've heard only a few songs like Renegades)
First of all, Renegades, and everything on the album of the same name, were covers. I recommend their self-titled album, or one of their live albums. Tom Morello is perhaps the greatest guitar player of all time, and Zack de la Rocha can educate you about how wrong you are politically. Still, what you're talking about is just a fraction of the number of bands I listen to, and with very little range.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Quote:They don't have the drums to call themselves death metal, and they don't have the depth to call themselves alternative metal. Therefore, they're hair metal. It's not the worst company; early Metallica falls into the same category.

Ever heard Killing Fields? How 'bout Angel Of Death?

Quote:More hair metal

Alcoholocaust? Rage To Overcome?

Quote:Another dead band.

They don't play anymore! They must suck, right?
"I'm still waiting for that Eiffel 65 animated series."

Coming soon to RAI 2:

See Jeffrey Jey, Gabry Ponte and Maury Lobina as you NEVER seen them before.

In..."Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi Meets Eiffel 65 Show"!

Watch as E65 and Ami and Yumi tear up the screen with more cutting edge humour, see them sigh and speak in Italian and Japanese when they're upset! See them put up with Kaz, Jeffrey as one of the Mario Brothers, etc.

In this first series:

1. See Ami and Yumi date E65 while as a support act for them in the San Remo Festival.
2. Ami and Yumi...DJing With The Fire?
3. See E65 as the "Super Eiffel Brothers" and trying to escape the wrath of the original Mario Brothers, and the Nintendo Lawsuit Squad!
4. See the real Ami and Yumi try to sing "Blue (da ba dee)" and nearly screw it up.

And much much more, plus through live action and musical montages, with real Puffy Ami Yumi and Eiffel 65 songs!

To find out the "Dub In Life", for some really good J-Europop, without having to seek out "Another Race (In Outer Space)", watch the show that puts you on "The Edge", without "Too Much Of Heaven", for that "One Goal" that makes you "Lucky (In Your Life)", and will make you an "80's Star" when you "DJ With The Fire", watch the "Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi Meets Eiffel 65 Show", soon on Italy's most popular station, RAI 2!
Quote:Call me when your favorite bands actually matter again.
You're saying that my bucket and bell concert is not art?!! I can play 16 different songs including 'Jingle bells' and many Disney films songs :cry:
Zephyr, I think you fail to realize that the clitoris, along with all of the vagina and the penis are both works of Satan and should be seen as shameful, especially touching them in a sexual manner. Now go to your local church so you can confess and Baby Jesus can clean all that dirty sin off of your hands.
Anti-Wise:What does that have to do with anything?(I think he wanted to put this in my thread)
Quote:Zephyr, I think you fail to realize that the clitoris, along with all of the vagina and the penis are both works of Satan and should be seen as shameful
Uh?! I thought I did a pretty good job.
Quote:Now go to your local church so you can confess and Baby Jesus can clean all that dirty sin off of your hands
Are you trying to kill me?
...I feel nerdy. Everyone's talking about various forms of rock music...and I'm popping in Coldplay's 'A Rush of Blood to the Head'. Gahh...one of my favorite bands! Those addictive melodies and poetic lyrics. That is modern artistic music at some of its best! 'Clocks', 'Amsterdam', 'A Rush of the Blood to the Head', 'The Scientist'; all absolutely wonderful!

Bah...none of my friends listen to them. It saddens me. :cry:

But hey...the things they like, I pretty much like too. Shinedown, Staind, Audioslave, Breaking Benjamin, and various others. But, I do have to slip away for my dose of Coldplay, Keane, and R.E.M. ^^
Quote:But hey...the things they like, I pretty much like too. Shinedown, Staind, Audioslave
Shinedown and Audioslave are two of my favorites as well. By the way, Audioslave's new album, "Out of Exile," is due out May 24th.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against