Join our server on Discord

What do you hate to see in a lemon?
Wow, I guess there are a lot of them then. Weird.
Yeah, the bratgirl is a writing maniac. I'm not exaggerating.
(I just took a look...500+ posts?! Wow!)
Yeah 500 more and you'll have 1000 posts and that's a big number to have.
*smells the sarcasm in Unknown's words and slaps him in the back*
What sarcasm? I was serious.
Ok, no sarcasm. *slaps him again for the heck of it*
Why do all our threads turn into 1-line slapsticks?
I really don't like beastiality. However, being one of those wierdos who grew up on sci-fi, fantasy and Digimon, I define "beast" as a non-sentient animal. So Digimon are OK.

Mary-Sues are really annoying unless written by a genious writer. Most especially, why don't the Self-Insert authors usually pair themselves with an original or unusual character? This is Digimon stuff, you've got maybe a thousand characters to choose from if one includes the well-known Chosen and their Digimon.

Annoying stories in which sex has too many consequences. I know it does in real life, that's why I'm not getting laid in real life! Lemme read something where the character's problem is the strange force disturbing the balance of the Digital World, not their pregnancy test!

I in-general hate any Digimon fanfic where the only "fan" part is the characters, and other than that the author could have just made everything up. Instead, they were too lazy to write their own damn characters! This especially causes problems in romantic fics and lemons. Oy!

Gratuitous yaoi. I know, some people like it, but the fact is that the authors of Digimon wrote the four seasons assuming their characters were heterosexual and/or not oriented either way yet. So there's no damn reason for some Chosen Child male to suddenly and randomly be paired with another male Chosen on the grounds that they're close friends in the series. At least give some character development leading up to their being gay. This is a mistake I have made myself, not giving enough character development.

Misunderstanding of Ryo storylines. People, if you want to write Ryo, write him WITH his backstory.

Random crossovers without any good reason.

Everything being sexualized for no good reason.

Random use of expendible Digimon where new ones could easily have been created.

Fics where the girls from the series are total whores. I'm sorry, but they don't go from chaste to fucking random author-chosen males with no protection and a blowjob to boot with no character development whatsoever.

Kenyako. I don't care how official it is. She is boy-crazed when she likes Ken, and when she gets over it she'll find someone else. I think that someone should be Davis, but maybe even TK or a non-Chosen. But Ken is too serious and introverted for Miyako.

That's about it.
The Anti-Wisemon Wrote:lemons where it would be better if they cut the whole sex scene out

jeah there were lemons I read thet would be beter as plane fanfiction sories. Too bad the outhor put a sex scene in it :(
The things I don't like to see...

Well, in general, incest and bestialty are off the list, under the following definitions:

Incest - Two closely related characters (direct nuclear family, same biological mother/father) or a character with their own Digimon partner.

Bestiality - Any Digimon who would have been on the "Beast" side of the war in Movie 7 with any human or Digimon who would have been on the "Human" side of the war.

Beyond that... there's always got to be a certain sense of scale taken into account, and though I am a Leomon/Juri fan, I only write them having sex in the Digital World, simply because of the scale involved. I'm not really into distension stuff, so I try to keep scale in mind before I write anything.

Then there's the Virgin Master thing... it's entertaining, but it's not what I like to see. I prefer to see virgins portrayed as such, which is why I don't usually write any of the characters as virgins. After all, it's more fun to read/write about someone with experience, even if it's not all great.

Scat, Vore, etc... ugh. For the most part, if it involves anything that could make me throw up, it's out of the question.

.... But there's a flip side to this. There's the stuff we LIKE to see, and I can give a few examples of that for myself.

I like Mind Control, through almost any means that brings it about. But I hate cookie cutter stories, so I love seeing original MC in stories. I also love the type of mind controller who works in a subtle way, turning the person gently. I don't like mind control stories where the controller just flat out forces the change over a short period.

In the same vein, I enjoy transformation stories, particularly those in which a human in transformed into a furry. Feline and canine girls are my favorites, with a long flexible tail and... Yeah.

Overall, though, my favorite stories involve slavery, power play, and young females being forced into a life they may not agree with. I like my mind control subtle, and I love it when that leads to a Master/slave situation, but I like the Master/slave situation even more when it's a quick transition and a long training (involving bondage and discipline) without any mind control at all.

Lastly, I enjoy furry stuff. It's not at the top of my list, but it's definitely high on it. Renamon is my favorite Digimon, and I just love anything involving her or other furry ladies.

Now for a few points, directed towards Anonmon:

Misunderstanding of Ryo is widespread because many Americans have no knowledge of Ryo's past. They don't know about Milleniumon except from a scene that was maybe 30 seconds long during Season 2, and so they assume they can make a backstory. It doesn't make it right, but it does at least give us a reason. Now, if Bandai were to do something to release the Wonderswan games outside of Japan (perhaps on the GameBoy Advance), we might have less of this happening.

As far as Kenyako... It's very probable that they didn't date each other immediately after the series ended, and I really doubt they were exclusive if they did date during Junior High and High School. As you pointed out, she's fickle in the series, so anything following too shortly after it should still reflect that. But, as Kenyako IS official, that's how they end up. Eventually, people want to settle down, and it might have been five, ten, or even twenty years after the series ended before Miyako reached that point with Ken. Keep in mind, the epilogue portion was 25 years after the end, and most of their kids were shown as being probably under 12, so there was plenty of time for it to happen after Ken and Miyako finished High School. So I agree, Miyako doesn't need to be with Ken in every lemon, but in order to stay true to canon, she does have to end up marrying him.

Random crossovers annoy anyone with an ounce of sense. But sex having too many consequences can as easily be a good thing as a bad. Sure it's easy to fall into the trap of "TK and Kari have sex and she gets pregnant! Oh noes, what can they do?", but that trap can be turned into a good story if you take the time to actually work out a plot based on that, not just a quick story about it.

As for the "thousand characters", let's bear in mind that many people do NOT know of most of the Digimon. For example, could you, just at the name, describe Kenkimon to me? Probably not. For the record, he's a construction machine based Digimon, it's Gabumon's Armored form with the Digimental of Friendship. What about Witchmon, Wisemon, Mystimon, and Gladimon? Leviamon? Most people only know the major Digimon from the show. Most probably wouldn't even recognize Allomon or Lynxmon by name. Especially since they stopped localizing the card game for Americans, there are only a few dozen significant characters to use -- the kids, their Digimon partners, and a few of the major characters from any given season. Sad, but true.