Join our server on Discord

Goddamn Pro-Lifers...
It is a painful choice either way, but I'm glad the government decided not to intervine.
She may very well find peace now that her body isn't being forced to work when it can't really in the first place.
Harie Wrote:It is a painful choice either way, but I'm glad the government decided not to intervine.

Actually, both Congress and the president intervened. Thank god the Supreme Court had enough sense to not follow in lockstep.
The thing is if they diden't hook her up to the feeding tube when she had her accident she would have died then this was just prolonging the end
It's all about the "culture of life", which apparently doesn't count a soldier per day in Iraq, or the refusal to ban gun sale loopholes, or continuing nuclear weapons testing, or the refusal to make tougher anti-tobacco laws...yeah, I know; it's getting old. I'll just add that tomorrow is the most right wing of all holidays. Jesus was just another life that they couldn't accept as being over.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Ah, yes. Gun Control does work. That's why homicide ratings have been going up in places like Britian, France, and the US!

And why should we do jack shit about smoking? They make the choice, they live with it.
Quote:And why should we do jack shit about smoking? They make the choice, they live with it.
1. There's second-hand smoke, which has just been shown to increase the risk of breast cancer, and is already known to be very unfair to the children of smokers, often giving them lifetime asthma. My sister's boyfriend is a smoker, and yes, I'm concerned.

3. Smokers are a giant burden on the healthcare system. Many are able to survive past sixty-five, with major "complications", and they're probably the biggest reason why Medicare is fucked.

2. Anything that burns pollutes. Granted, cars and cows are greater sources, but we actually need those. Well, we just need cows for milk, but we might as well eat them too, because they're delicious. Not only is smoking unnecessary, it is harmful.

4. It's a waste of paper, and many other reasons that I don't feel like naming right now.

Quote:Ah, yes. Gun Control does work. That's why homicide ratings have been going up in places like Britian, France, and the US!
Like most Americans, I just want better background checks-for now. In time, it would be nice if we could get rid of all of the automatic and concealable weapons. If I'm going to fight someone who's pissing me off, I don't want to have to worry about him having a gun.
I know that you saw me.
Well, I think you know how I feel about healthcare. As for second hand smoke, tell me a situation where you would be forced to be subjected to it.

As for your comment on gun control, I wonder, what if you were to get mugged? Criminals don't care if they break gun control laws, ooh, another year if they get caught. It even helps them, creating a market.
Also, the army doesn't care about gun control laws. Nor the Marines. Nor the CIA. The Second Amendment is there for a reason.
Quote:As for your comment on gun control, I wonder, what if you were to get mugged?
You mean with a gun? In that case, wouldn't I get shot while attempting to pull my own gun?
Quote:Also, the army doesn't care about gun control laws. Nor the Marines. Nor the CIA. The Second Amendment is there for a reason.
Right, the army needs guns, but Billy Bob doesn't need an automatic for deer, and Tyrone doesn't need a rocket launcher in the hood. I'm just saying that in an ideal world, people would settle things with fists instead of guns.

Quote:As for second hand smoke, tell me a situation where you would be forced to be subjected to it.
Personally, there aren't many situations. I suppose I could be seated next to the smoking section while technically still in the non-smoking section. I'm not talking about myself though; I'm talking about children of smokers who have to sit with them in cars, or other tight places, or people in relationships with smokers who aren't smokers themselves. Unlike you, I actually care about other people.
I know that you saw me.