Join our server on Discord

Poll: Do the lemons need an editor?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
6 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Editing Lemons
Is it just me, or does anyone else get sometimes annoyed by stumbling over words and sentences on the lemons? I'm not complaining that the stories are bad, it just seems sometimes as though the authors have no sense of spellling or grammer. I would be more than willing to offer my services in the matter, as it would be good practice for my college english classes. Tell me what you think.
Quote:I would be more than willing to offer my services in the matter, as it would be good practice for my college english classes. Tell me what you think.
I think English should be capitalized, but seriously, you've got a point. I proofread my own stories multiple times to avoid those sorts of problems, and I believe I have the most grammatically accurate writing on this site, but it would be nice to see others follow my example. By the way, I'm getting a minor in English.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
No need to start the same thread in multiple sections. Not closing either one, but please keep it in mind in the future. Aside from that, hey there! Hope you'll have a good time here :D

I can put your name on the Lemonaid page if you like.
Aside from that, you should not edit and resubmit lemons unless the author knows and approves. Yes, some lemons do need an editor/spellchecker/proofreader, but that doesn't give you or anybody else the right to just modify work that is the property of the author. If you see an extreme case, contact the author and offer him/her your services.
I have a routine for this sort of thing:

1.Write the lemon with plot and characterization and all the other things like that.
2.Reread it a few times, making corrections as needed.
3.Send to proofreader.
4.Rewrite the thing entirely based on what proofreader says.
5.Reread and correct, making corrections as needed.
6.Either send it in, or repeat the process from step 4.

And that's how my fuckups of lemons got on this site. I implemented this process about at my third lemon.
Anonmon Wrote:1.Write the lemon with plot and characterization and all the other things like that.
2.Reread it a few times, making corrections as needed.
3.Send to proofreader.
4.Rewrite the thing entirely based on what proofreader says.
5.Reread and correct, making corrections as needed.
6.Either send it in, or repeat the process from step 4.

Sounds like a great idea! I do that often, and am planning to do that to some of my older lemons. I can usually go back and find misstakes on all of my lemons, grammer as well as spelling!

SaberGatomon said it, and I'll say it again! Twisted
Of course, if the proofreader runs into real life there can be issues. I'm editing myself now with spelling and grammar checkers because Erendor's real busy in school.