Join our server on Discord

Series First Impressions?
Ever seen a trailer for a show and then formulate how you think the series is going to be, the basic storyline or how certain characters will act when the show actually airs(or you actually get the see it yourself)?

Example: When I first saw a poster for Digimon Tamers, I thought culumon was a girl, and Impmon was THE main villian who was going to try and slaughter everyone and was pulling the strings behind the scenes, and whips were going to be involved. ^_^;;

And for Frontier, I thought the 5 evil warriors (ranamon and her bitchmonkeys) were actually humans... And Lucemon was going to have a nice long arc where he made everyone his bitch, captured some of the Chosen, tortured them, ect.

What did the rest of you think?
I do sometimes a lot of times I'm right but like one with the anime medabots I was wrong that's a fun show and I still want those missing eps
Like a lot of people, just looking at the clips, I thought Kouji was a girl. They would've been better off making Kouji a girl, though I might be a little biased.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
well if they actually finished the series it would have been better but that's just my opinion
Quote:well if they actually finished the series it would have been better but that's just my opinion
I read about that. In the original scripts, the actual enemy turned out to be a human, because humans are always the worst monsters.
I know that you saw me.
How deep, in a cliche' way.

When I first saw Cowboy Bebop, I thought it was going to be about a world in chaos and rioting and violence throughout the streets and space and Spike was going to have to fight it.

I'm kind of glad it wasn't like that.
First time I saw the show was way back in 01 and I thought it was about soccer stars who were fighting a giant monkey.

Of course, that's what basically that *episode* was about, but...

Anyway, I didn't watch it again until I chanced across the Myotismon arc. Now *that* was good TV, yo.

Oh yeah, and in 03 I thought Impmon had been Yamaki's partner. But I know a lot of people who thought that.
really wise? cause that seems like it doesn't fit
I'm pretty sure I read it on McFeely's site. I guess there was a dude behind Lucemon. After the holes they dug themselves into with the second season with shit like that, I'm not surprised that they scrapped the idea.
I know that you saw me.
Actually, they did finish showing "Frontier" on ABC Family, and (SPOILER ALERT) it was revealed that Lucemon's true form was a cicada-like creature. It was also revealed that Kouchi's entrance into the digital world was the result of an out-of-body experience brought on by him falling down the stairs in the train station.