Join our server on Discord

Digimon opening sequences
In the first one (with the kids falling through the middle of the screen into some black hole or something), do the kids really get hurt at the bottom, or is it a green/bluescreen shot? And you see those giant letters float across the screen. What's with the kids falling down throught the middle of the screen, and the letters?

Also, is that a trend with anime dubbed in English? Let me point out some things:

1. American viewers do not like cool opening sequences even cooler the the US dub. That's why they made a shorter theme song for the dub's opener (and a shorter song for the end credits) A pity, I liked Paul Gordon's Digimon Theme (sniff, sob)!
2. Scenes are well, replaced and mixed in with Japanese footage.
3. As for the end credits (any chance they can redo it in widescreen? That way the left part of the screen won't be squashed up), Americans do NOT like cool end theme songs, so they do a short edit of the title theme (usually instrumental or a part of the main title).
4. Want me to go on? Or should I don my Fairymon suit and stop here for a nice little flyby around the DaD forums to feel the wind blow my hair, beneath my wings and under my arms? (I can even put on a little aerial ballet show, too!)

PS. Can you imagine, let's say an Angewomon and a Lillymon doing ballet practice (with the matching pointe shoes)? That would make a cool fanart! (oh and if you can find an artist to do it, or maybe I can find one myself *hee hee*!)
first thing this may sound odd coming from me but it's just a cartoon they don't feel actual pain
1 now it's either we don't have time or they don't spend time on because it's for kids (that's what everyone thinks)
2 long story
3 again it's supposed to be a kids show and we don't seem to have time
4 yeah go fly around and do balet let's see how far you can put your leg up :D
ps that might be cool
*dons Fairymon costume and purple split-soled full pointe shoes* Okay, here goes!

*leaps skyward, flapping 'fairy wings' and spinning in the air on full pointe, doing a graceful hand gesture*
damn Princess Jeannette I haven't seen you around since I was called VeeTamer or Spidermon or something like that (basically a long time!).

But yeah I'd say as a whole openings and closings are just quick little intros to let you know what's on, with songs that stick in your mind so you can't stop thinking about it.
yeah don't hurt me but I kinda helped her get back and if she gets like she was she'll answer to me (just a freindly reminder jeanette :) ) oh and good show
Thanks for understanding. BTW, is Lunamon with ya, I wanna give her a nice big ballerina hug. (stops dancing and assumes the position for a kneeling embrace, curtsies)

PS. I hope she likes my costume.
hmm you two never did finish that did you
..."Come here girl! Aunty Jeannette has a nice hug for ya." (smiles and pats thighs)

PS. I'm dressed as a Fairymon in toe shoes because Felina Fairymon recently had to go back to Primary Village to regenerate (though she had some fun with me!). BTW...(notices something)

"Hello Jeannette. Are you my Digidestined Princess? Oh and you can give me a name if you want." (A voice calls out to me)

I go to the lake, take my pointe shoes off and put them in a ballet bag. I sit on the floor, barefooted, legs crossed, looking serene as I stare at the newcomer that will be a Digimon girl.

*A sexy wet and wild Lanamon swims up to me*

Lanamon: Hiiiii Jeannette! (playfully looks up at me) I'm a Lanamon.
Me: Lanamon?
Lanamon: Before Felina went back to PV to regenerate, she told me about you. You're a good Digidestined, hmmm? BTW, I'm a Frog Lady Digimon with a nice figure. And the first part of my name, "Lana" meants frog in Spanish.
Me: Si!
Lanamon: Si. BTW, should I have a sexy dub voice, a bit of a Valley Girl one, or a Latina (spicy) accent?
Me: You decide, Lanamon. BTW...what girl's name should I give you?
Lanamon: That's a good question. How about we think it over while I step out of the water and let you get a good look at me, head to foot? Would you like that, amiga?
*nosebleed* uh... *holds nose* uh maybe you should post this in the RPG forum or just pm me it hehehe
*proceeds to copy the post, then paste it in the PM*

PS. Any chance Lunamon might show up? I wanna give her a hug.