Join our server on Discord

Patamon: Male or female?
Y'know what? I am sick of seeing fics in which Patamon, the partner of Takeru not a completely different one, is a girl. Patamon...is a guy! It should be obvious that he's a dude. Patamon is one of my favorite characters of the show (I just like his innocent personality. Same reason why I think Kouichi is cool) and he is being horribly misrepresented in too many fics.

Anyone who has claimed Patamon is a female has given the same excuses for it. They say that he has a high-pitched voice and is very feminine. The only difference between the genders is physiological. You can't tell gender by personality! Men can be feminine (and not gay) and women can be masculine (and not gay). The idea that all men are manly and all women are lady-like is a preconcieved notion with no real foundation. As for the voice...well...a lot of guys have weird voices! Besides, he's a Digimon! Of course a lot of things, including the voice, would be very different. If you notice, Patamon is a very childlike Digimon. Most children don't have deep voices.

Patamon is referred to as a he! Veemon was concerned with him stealing Gatomon away! He digivolves to all male Digimon (although I am aware that some Digimon may change gender). Oh, and remember that one episode in Season 1, at the imaginary hotel conjured by Devimon? Patamon was on the boy's side! Don't go saying coed bathing, because Gomamon got in trouble for it!

~Sigh~ Poor Patamon. Not only do people call him a girl, but they write dirty fanfics in which he's getting nailed by his own human partner, Takeru. It's hard enough for him! He's a flying, fuzzy, potroast with giant ears and a squeeky voice, whereas his digivolved forms have flowing blonde hair and rippling muscles! That must suck! :( [/i]
I think only togashi thinks that but hey he likes to think that so why bother him
Quote:I think only togashi thinks that but hey he likes to think that so why bother him
He was the first, but Togashi's opinion has a lot of weight. Besides, it is a female voice actor, I think. For the purposes of the show, Patamon was intended as a male character, but I'd use the term "male" very loosely when referring to Patamon. Being a Data type makes him neutral, maybe genderless.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
UnknownH Wrote:I think only togashi thinks that but hey he likes to think that so why bother him

I take this belief to the grave, bwahaha!

Anyways, it's hard to figure out Pata's gender, based on US episodes at least. I'd like to see more of the JP episodes before drawing a complete conclusion.

But:

-Other digimon 'change' gender during evolution
-I dont even use voice defense really, but Pata always acts in a decidedly feminine manner. Being submissive, etc
-I'm fairly certain it's voiced by a female, gotta check that
-No one knows Pata's gender, because it never really comes up. Especially in the first series, everyone would just assume Pata is male, cause all digimon match their partner gender. But we see later this isn't always true.
-In English episodes at least, Pata could be a different gender then other languages. I believe Renamon is male in Germany, now THATS weird.

Besides, it's much more fitting to draw and write Pata as female. Much much easier! It just fits.
I still don't buy most of your evidence. Like I said, personality really doesn't determine gender. Patamon being submissive doesn't really prove anything about gender. I go by legitimage physical evidence and, the fact is, he was still on the boy's side of the springs. That should be enough to prove the fact that he's male.

Yeah, and I heard about the German version having a male Renamon. I think one version, although not necessarily in Germany, had a female Terriermon. Not sure though.

I've also mentioned that I was aware of Digimon changing gender during digivolution. Eeesh...Sylphymon. That weirded me out. 0_0;;;
you see that's way I don't bother him about it he won't change no matter what and shilphymon is a guy it's basically genes really hawkmon's code is dominate seeing as it's his evolved form because gatomon is just the power source that makes sense right and I always thought pata's a guy it makes sense to me
edit: oh I have proof to what I think
http://digimon.thenexxus.org/encyclopedi...tamon.html
Quote:Unless he is replaced by another Rookie Digimon, he cannot be sent to the Dark Area.
I gotcha.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
yeah see I like to think it's a guy I have the cards as proof for me and that works
it is true we had a male Renamon, and we had a female Lucemon. hahaha

well Patamon's voice here was male, definately.
lucemon looks like a girl a little and that works but how would renamon look like a guy she looks like nothing