Join our server on Discord

How to Save America
hmm that might work good job gnostic
Next up, political manipulation!

- Keep the fanatics away from social policy:

Quote:President Bush has announced his intention to appoint Dr. W. David Hager to head up the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Reproductive Health Drugs Advisory Committee. This committee has not met for more than two years, during which time its charter lapsed. As a result, the Bush Administrationis tasked with filling all eleven positions with new members. This position does not require Congressional approval. The FDA's Reproductive Health Drugs Advisory Committee makes crucial decisions on matters relating to drugs used in the practice of obstetrics, gynecology and related specialties, including hormone therapy, contraception, treatment for infertility, and medical alternatives to surgical procedures for sterilization and pregnancy termination.

Dr. Hager is the author of "As Jesus Cared for Women:
Restoring Women Then and Now." The book blends biblical accounts of Christ healing women with case studies from Hager's practice. His views of health care are far outside the mainstream for reproductive technology and modern gynecological practice. Dr. Hager is a practicing OB/GYN who describes himself as "pro-life" and refuses to prescribe contraceptives to unmarried women.

In the book Dr. Hager wrote with his wife, entitled "Stress and the Woman's Body," he suggests that women who suffer from premenstrual syndrome should seek help from reading the bible and praying.
As an editor and
contributing author of "The Reproduction Revolution: A Christian Appraisal of Sexuality Reproductive Technologies and the Family,"
Dr. Hager appears to have endorsed the medically inaccurate assertion that the common birth control pill is an abortifacient (causes abortion). We are concerned that Dr. Hager's strong religious beliefs may color his assessment of technologies that are necessary to protect women's lives or to preserve and promote women's health. Dr. Hager's track record of using religious beliefs to guide his medical decision-making makes him a dangerous and inappropriate candidate to serve as chair of this committee.

Still not disturbed? Check out "Doctor" Judith Reissman:
http://www.alternet.org/election04/20744/

The danger that these two quacks pose to our society cannot be over-stated. KEEP THESE CRAZY FUCKERS AWAY FROM OUR GOVERNMENT!
Quote:The danger that these two quacks pose to our society cannot be over-stated. KEEP THESE CRAZY FUCKERS AWAY FROM OUR GOVERNMENT!
Agreed. Let's all stock up on morning-after pills before they get banned. They might start banning condoms too, so maybe we should...oh, who am I kidding? This board has a higher percentage of virgins than a monastery.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
*palms face in embarrassment*
Quote:refuses to prescribe contraceptives to unmarried women.
now no offense but is he a sterotypical catholic?

Quote:women who suffer from premenstrual syndrome should seek help from reading the bible and praying.
now I'm not a doctor or a preacher but I think if they take a pill for it first then do that it might work

Quote: strong religious beliefs may color his assessment
if you truly have control of what you say you don't go "duh" or "you think" right now or you make subtle insulting comments about it

there's too many things I could say about that link so I won't say anything right now but while looking up words from that artical I saw the word of the day was sanctimonious meaning showing false or excessive piety.

while I do slightly resent that joke wise I forgot what I was going to say
so basically I spent awhile reading something and it took twice as long as normal because I kept have to make subtle sarcastic comments and now I need sleep
One of these days, someone is going to have to bitch-slap Dubya and get him to read "Tartuffe" (about a dimwitted rich man who falls under the spell of a religious fraud.)
hmm now where have we heard a plot like that before?
Quote:Okay, I would like to preface my remarks by saying that some of this is just humor. However, ladies and gentlemen, our country is in trouble. On November 2, the fate of the world will rest on our shoulders, and even if Kerry wins, we're still fucked, since Bush loyalists will probably use their clout to stop any attempt to fix Bush's many cock-ups. We need some drastic action, so here are some suggestions:

1) Gut the Rich: The richest one percent did not get to where they are today through hard work, and contrary to Republican theory, their presence is of no benefit to the rest of society. Most of these fuckers don't even pay their income taxes. So why should they enjoy the freedoms that the rest of us have had to pay for? Let us go unto this minority, take apart their estates, and throw all the money back into the government. Do we really need that extra 1%?

2) Break the RIAA: On September 28th, the Senate passed the Piracy Deterrance and Education Act. The PDEA has expanded the power of the Recording Industry Assholes', err, Association of America, so that now, not only can they sue your ass for file-sharing, but they can also throw you in jail. Some experts say that the language used in the new law is so vague that it could also dismember legal file-sharing services like iTunes and Napster. Let's face it, folks: the RIAA has gone too far. Under the pretense of protecting artists' rights, the Association, which is really just the record companies, has been acting like a bully for at least the past ten years. They've tried to destroy file-sharing in an attempt to regain losses incurred not by the proliferation of file-sharing services, but rather by inflation and overproduction of low-quality music. When you add in the fact that the industry has repeatedly declined to lower CD prices, what it all comes down to is that the RIAA dug its own grave, and they're forcing us to lay in it.

I've got some other ideas that I'll post later, but do either of these make sense?

Wow, you seem to be one Theory of Labor away from Marxist.

Your first point seems to be outright ignorant. The bourgeoise is an ever-changing class, and that 1% could be anyone. Not only that, but they DO serve a purpose in society. They are the businessmen which hold together a good portion of our economy. The small businesses are shrinking ever-rapidly. Also most of them DO pay income tax. They DO have a place in our country.

As for your second part, while I agree that the RIAA is trying too hard to destroy file sharing, I am against it, as it is stealing. And the reason why music is so shitty is due to corporate ownership of radios, recording studioes, even TV stations that bastardize music (MTV and its counterparts). That's why I like more old rock, along with more underground rock, especially metal (like Machine Head).
TriggerhappyNun Wrote:Wow, you seem to be one Theory of Labor away from Marxist.

Your first point seems to be outright ignorant. The bourgeoise is an ever-changing class, and that 1% could be anyone. Not only that, but they DO serve a purpose in society. They are the businessmen which hold together a good portion of our economy. The small businesses are shrinking ever-rapidly. Also most of them DO pay income tax. They DO have a place in our country.

As for your second part, while I agree that the RIAA is trying too hard to destroy file sharing, I am against it, as it is stealing. And the reason why music is so shitty is due to corporate ownership of radios, recording studioes, even TV stations that bastardize music (MTV and its counterparts). That's why I like more old rock, along with more underground rock, especially metal (like Machine Head).

I'm not going to address your first point, because doing so would only start a pointless argument. I will say, though, that the bourgeoise are NOT the top 1% in this country.

Your second point falls apart. You said it yourself, the reason why most pop music sucks is because is due to corporate ownership. Buying CDs feeds corporate ownership, and thus leads to the proliferation of crap. If the record companies would stop looking at file-sharing as a moral outrage, they might realize that it's really the public's way of saying, we are tired of paying money for crap, and then maybe they'd stop wasting their money on low-talent acts like Ashlee Simpson and William Hung.

File-Sharing is not stealing. Charging almost $20 for a CD, when all you want is one or two songs from the CD, is stealing.
Most CDs cost $10 to $15. The only two I've seen for $20 have a huge ammounts of songs on them.

By the way, have you looked into the writings of Marx and Engels? I'm sure you'd like them.
I am not a communist. I'm not calling for the end of the top 1% as the beginning of some massive re-distribution of wealth. It's really more an extensive audit, necessitated by, among other things, our war in Iraq, the growing problem of outsourcing, and Enron, Worldcom, and Tyco. And the money would be going back into the government to get us out of our country's current deficit.

Also, the price of a CD depends on where you shop, but that's not the point. The point is that the consumer is still forced to buy a whole CD just to get one or two songs.