Join our server on Discord

Sub Pop Rock City
This is post 737 for me, as in the Boeing 737, and Boeing's plant is in Sub Pop Rock City (Soundgarden song), a.k.a., Seattle. Of course, I'm interested in the Seattle four, the four big grunge bands to come out of Seattle. I want to know which band you think is the best. Don't answer based on which one is the most famous, because I think we all know the answer to that one. Personally, I like Soundgarden the best. Kim Thayil's guitar might not be quite as good as Jerry Cantrell's, but nobody in grunge can top Chris Cornell's lyrics and vocals. I think Staley, Vedder, and Cobain would pass out if they attempted "Outshined" or "Blow Up The Outside World" (granted, two of them are dead). Well, maybe they could do it, just not right. Still, Cornell is the only one of the four who could handle "Slaves & Bulldozers". Just try to sing along to that ala Chris, and you'll have a sore throat for the next three hours.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
My vote is for Nirvana, for Cobain's raw voice that can never be duplicated, for variety in guitar sound. And with the unplugged set in NY, Nirvana has proven to be more then you're average grunge band. What other grunge band could do an unplugged Meat Puppets cover and pull it off, turn a fast paced country song into acoustic gold.
<-- the dude from seattle has to also say Nirvana.