Join our server on Discord

fav bands?
Wisemon Wrote:Your argument is sound; people should be able to listen to whatever they want. Right now, they don't have a choice. Either they listen to what the radio and their urbanized (not you, the crappy music culture) peers force upon them, or they become losers. If it was just the music, I wouldn't have a problem. Like I said though, the music affects the culture. I wouldn't even have a problem with that, except I despise seeing white kids dressing in clothes that were not designed for them, saying senseless catch-phrases that should've never left the Kentucky Fried Chicken they came from, and grind dancing to "Pony" when they should be banging their heads to "Come As You Are". That's the message, come as you are, be yourself. They're all a bunch of posers. It makes me sick, and it leaves me alone because I refuse to be a part of it. Sure, they play the field, but despite what they may tell you, they never keep it real.

hmm...so were you assumng that I was one of thoes kids? because i most certainly am NOT. and i'll kill anyone who disagrees!*pulls out a dull spoon* i swear i'll cut you if you do!
Quote:hmm...so were you assumng that I was one of thoes kids? because i most certainly am NOT. and i'll kill anyone who disagrees!*pulls out a dull spoon* i swear i'll cut you if you do!
No, you like what you like without too much outside influence. That's what you should be doing. In your own way, that's cool. 8)
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
well...you got to be the first person, who isn't my mom, to call me cool..or at least suggest that something i do is cool...odd...

i don't think i could be influenced by an outside influence, i hate what i hate and like what i like, simple as that.
SchizoKat Wrote:well...you got to be the first person, who isn't my mom, to call me cool..or at least suggest that something i do is cool...odd...

i don't think i could be influenced by an outside influence, i hate what i hate and like what i like, simple as that.

basically the same here in AZ you get about 2 mins of rock (keep in mind i never said GOOD rock) and the rest is rap (which though i like some... most BLOWS) what makes me sad *no im not getting any kind of mushy* is when i can look around and see most of the white ppl dress, talk, act, and apaently think like they're black. *not being racist but its just patetic* people out here try to walk with a limp, talk shit about anyone and anything that they think is "threatening" them, threaten to knife you, and then get pissed off when i eigther walk away or ignore em.
but seriously how the hell am i suppose to take anyone who cant even respect themselves enough to greet someone with anything short of an insult for anything more than a big mouthed idget with the iq of a third grader. for instance whens the last time you had a girlfriend that you "loved" and call her bitch to her face with out later regret.
maybe im just an old fashioned guy but hell if i was a girl and my boy friend called me his bitch i'd kick his trailor trash ass twice over.
but then again this... is me i am who i am i do not pretend to be anything short of my exact self. you think im full of it *shrugs* thats your oppinion. but i know i was raised better than to be some lowlife scum bag who talks thier ass off till some one kills em :\ *lol listen to me rant* sorry to have gone this deep into this but i guess something struck a raw nerve here and im sorry for the over sized message ^^;;

P.S. i hate this shit hole if you couldnt tell *roflmao*
Quote:
Quote:So, you don't like hip hop. I don't like it much either. But that doesn't mean your opinion is somehow worth more than everyone else's. If it's rap the people want its rape the people will have
Freudian slip? You're right, that's one of the side effects when the music is all about getting laid.
Ack! ^^; To tell you the truth I'm not even sure whether that was Freudian or not. I'll refrain from editing it out, though.

Quote:They're all a bunch of posers. It makes me sick, and it leaves me alone because I refuse to be a part of it. Sure, they play the field, but despite what they may tell you, they never keep it real.
Hm, I can see what you mean in that respect. I don't like to see people betraying themselves by doing stuff they don't want to just because it's expected of them either. However, that's not so much a matter of music as human nature. Also, I'm certain there are people out there who listen to hip hop because they actually like it -- just as I'm sure there are lots of people who listen to your music because they feel it's expected of them. If they're "headbanging to 'Come As You Are'" just because they "should be", that's not "keeping it real" either. Also, keep in mind that rock music has its root in the black music culture. It's not a "white" invention either. If everyone had stuck to what was designed for him, we would probably be headbanging to Mozart and Bach nowadays. Well, I would. You would probably be stuck with headbanging to a small selection of very slow country music.
I dislike the mainstream hip hop crap as much as you do. However, I believe that hip hop isn't *necessarily* bad per se, it just so happens that most of it is. I have heard some stuff (mostly from local artists -- yes, white guys -- that aren't well-known outside of my town) that was 100% free of all that Gangsta-fakeness that is practiced by the majority of chart-topping hip hop "artists" these days. It's not my music, but some of it still appeals to me in a way. These guys are "keeping it real", and I don't see how listening to that would be fake, if one honestly does like it.

To sum up my points, I absolutely don't see why being white and listening to white music that's derived from black music is more fake than listening to white music that was derived from black music a couple of decades earlier, whereas listening to the older derivation from black music because you "should be" is less fake than listening to the newer derivation because it's expected from you.
everyone knows white people didn't invent any good music just produce and take the money for it lol
but really
hey did white people invent country cause that would prove my point
if I play a fighting game or any game for that matter I want somthing with a rock sound not some weiner whining about his girl
and have you noticed that all boy bands use the same lines white boy bands use you're fine and black boy bands always say smooth sauve and sliky in every song (no offense to anyone)
but I just like rock that's it
Quote:I dislike the mainstream hip hop crap as much as you do. However, I believe that hip hop isn't *necessarily* bad per se, it just so happens that most of it is. I have heard some stuff (mostly from local artists -- yes, white guys -- that aren't well-known outside of my town) that was 100% free of all that Gangsta-fakeness that is practiced by the majority of chart-topping hip hop "artists" these days. It's not my music, but some of it still appeals to me in a way. These guys are "keeping it real", and I don't see how listening to that would be fake, if one honestly does like it.
The thing is, I dislike what has become a blurring of hip-hop and pop. Violent hip-hop was fine by me; I'm a violent person. It seems that hip-hop has been influenced by pop just as much as the other way around, and now it's all grind songs, not much different from the boy band crap. In other words, the worst of ethnic music influenced white music, but then it was refried into R&B/hip-hop, making it even more horrible and all consuming. At least when the Backstreet Boys were doing the crap, most people knew that they were full of shit. Suddenly, when black guys start doing it, it's legit.
I know that you saw me.
Dunno. I know rather a lot of people in RL and on the web who all agree that this kind of "hip pop", so to speak, is fairly shitty.
I don't like that stuff either. I just fail to see why forcing yourself to listen to rock music --if you don't like it -- is better than forcing yourself to listen to hip hop -- again, if you don't happen to like it.
Both ways seem equally as fake to me.
its not

but thats why you be yourself and listen to what you want too.
Quote:I just fail to see why forcing yourself to listen to rock music --if you don't like it -- is better than forcing yourself to listen to hip hop -- again, if you don't happen to like it.
Both ways seem equally as fake to me.
I never said I was forcing anybody to like anything. People should like what they like, but I don't think that's always the case. I think there are a lot of kids who would say that they like hip-pop (good name), but they really aren't sure why. The actual reason in their case is overexposure. That's also how hicks end up liking country music.
I know that you saw me.