Join our server on Discord

A little Digimon help for a Digimon Newbie?
*walks in on all fours nervously, wearing a rather pathetic looking Gatamon costume over his Eevee body*

Hi---there, I am---a Gatamon! Yeah, a Gatamon! My name is Darfix---

*sighs, shaking his head, and taking off the Gatamon costume, finding it less than convincing*

Nevermind---Gatamon walks on two---

Heh, now I expect to be mauled by hardcore Digimon fans, but before you get out the bludgeoning sticks and shears, hear me out! Wink

Recently, some of my friends got me into Digimon a little bit. I'm a complete noob to it, I am a Pok
Well that is a FMD (Fan-Made Digimon) it is an un-official Digimon.

Digimon come in different families: dinosaur, angel, etc.
Then there are 3 different attribute types a digimon can be: Data, Vaccine and Virus.

Typically Virus is bad, Data is Neutral and Vaccine is good, but in season 3 (aka Digimon Tamers) Guilmon, the main character Takato's Digimon, is a good Virus digimon, making that idea nearly obselete.

The Digimon universe changes constantly, and fans often make up their own stories, with their own ideas, and rule which you'll find at this site.

Digimon evolve through a series of stages Fresh>Baby>In-Training>Rookie>Champion>Ultimate>Mega

There are all sorts of varients to these evolutions like Armor Evolution, DNA Evolution, BioMerge, Warp Digivolution, Fusion, Matrix Digivolution, Human Spirit Evo, Beast Spirit Evo, etc.

I suggest using Google image searches for pictures, they may send you to a site that will match families, types, and all the other good stuff to pictures.
The picture is a Fan-Made Digimon, namely Furball's (Acchan's) Kitsunemon, a fusion of Black Tailmon (official) and Vulpamon (another FMD from Furball).

Digimon have a Family, a Type, and an Attribute. The Family is not always absolute, and really only applies to the cards, which leaves the Type and Atribute.

Types show what sort of form they have -- Mammal, Reptile, Dinosaur, Cyborg, Angel, Fallen Angel, Undead, Mutant, Holy Beast... those are some of the types.

The attributes are completely related to the 'digital' part, and some Digimon can have different attributes based on the individual, while sometimes a different attribute will change the Digimon's identity. There are FIVE Attributes. They are Virus, No Attribute, Data, Variable, and Vaccine (in rough order of their averge 'good' level).

Virus Digimon are typically corrupted from the norm. Fallen Angel, Undead and Mutant type digimon are often of the VIRUS attribute, as are other types of Digimon who are 'devilish' or 'demonic' (Impmon, Devidramon).

Data Digimon are sort of 'run of the mill' average types. In Pokemon terms you could almost somewhat (but barely) call Data as omething similar to Normal. Data type Digimon have a fairly wide variety of possible evolutions that span the Data, Virus, and Vaccine attributes.

Vaccine Digimon are the 'upholders of good' or the 'Knights of the Round Table' type of Digimon, heroes for what is generally thought of as 'Good'. Holy types (Holy Beasts, Angels, and almost any Digimon in the 'Virus Busters' family) tend to have this Attribute. This one in not so absolute hoever -- several Holy Beasts aren't Vaccine, in order to facilitate a balance (Azulongmon is the only 'God Beast' of the Vaccine attribute, while Baihumon and Ebonwumon are Data, and Zhuqiaomon is Virus).

It takes a while to get used to all the nuances, but the best part is: Digimon can talk, so they have much more chance to be developed as characters than Pokemon do.
Thank you TheReclaimer and Nate Hunter for that helpful information! You've helped make this Eevee's day! :D

I will continue to search for pics, info, etc. via google, as that is how I normally do so.

Though, I have to disagree with you Nate on your last comment about Digimon making better characters than Pok
This is my best advice for info: http://www.digibros.net/~digipedia/
[quote]Though, I have to disagree with you Nate on your last comment about Digimon making better characters than Pok
[quote]Lastly there was
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Well I don't really think the digimon count but really Kenta? Where... Oh wait do you mean that one kid that was bullying Tommy and was with Angemon late in the season? Heh heh, now that I think about it the resemblance is rather blatant. I wonder why that never hit me before...
well Charizard isn't that bad. cute dragon. hehe I love dragons. XD

ok ok before somebody bitches at me for making an out of topic comment.

Hmm, if you want I can look for the links about some informations about Digimon.

blah, now i made a comment to the topic too.
*YIPS!* Woah, woah! NEVER MENT anything hostile about Digimon with my comment, just ment I like Pok