Join our server on Discord

Like the coldest winter chill
Welcome to my 600th post. Sorry about the size of my new avatar. It won't stay. I plan to continuously replace it with different album covers, seeing how they'll probably be continuously ixnayed. I realize that this won't solve the size problem, since they'll all be about this big, but it's still better than the animated ones that make the scrolling slow. Now for the purpose of this post, a teaser for one of my upcoming lemons. This probably won't make too much sense to you unless you've read my series thus far, but you'll still be entertained. This segment comes from the 16th chapter in my series, "Livin' In The Fridge". The quoted lyrics here are from Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Aerosmith.

Junpei had a tough decision to make. The practical side of his brain knew that he should be coaching JediFrigimon through his battle, but the loving side of his brain desperately wanted to cuddle with Izumi.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
funny enough I saw some of those lyrics you used
I don't know if it was your intention or not, but this read to me, all the dialogue together... like a song, with a few interjections (namely, Bokomon and Angewo... er, Ophanimon). Strangely, I felt like I knew the rhythm of the song just by the words... and it conflicted with my writing music! Darn!

Now I need to get back into the music so I can keep going on my stories! Anyhow, anybody interested... I have a preview of a new story, or rather the continuation of a story, and it'll probably be up later tonight.
Quote:I don't know if it was your intention or not, but this read to me, all the dialogue together... like a song, with a few interjections (namely, Bokomon and Angewo... er, Ophanimon). Strangely, I felt like I knew the rhythm of the song just by the words... and it conflicted with my writing music! Darn!
Huh, that's very intriguing. As UnknownH mentioned, the quoted lyrics were very intentional, but having the format appear like a song was somewhat unintentional. I showed this entire story to AnironUndomiel, and he said that the whole thing read like a large poem. So, you're not alone in your observation. I kind of meant to piece it out that way, but I didn't think anybody would see it. In case anybody was wondering, this story will be sent in with the two that follow it sometime next month. All three are finished, but I'm an awfully picky proofreader. I'm also working on a rewrite of my 8th chapter right now. Then there's the contest lemon, which is also done, save for some more proofreading. Also, I have a collection of point of view poems that will go out eventually. I have a lot of fun with lyric/poetry type stuff, and I think I'm pretty good at it. Hell, I put my life story into a rhyming poem. Oh, if you're writing lyrics, I'd certainly be interested in checking them out.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
And if you thought that was cold, you should try running around in the snow at minus 30 degrees without any clothing on