Join our server on Discord

Hero
No, this is not a topic about Spider-Man. (I'll be seeing that on Friday)

I am very interested in knowing what person(s) people today would consider to be their hero, (i.e. the one person you idolize, revere and respect above all others), and why.

So, c'mon, let's hear yours. Historical or contemporary, just not ficticious if at all possible.

Now, for me, that would be Bill Watterson, the cartoonist who brought us a decade of "Clavin and Hobbes". I choose him because:

1- I feel an affinity to him since I aim to be a professional comic strip cartoonist as well.

2- He happened to be really, really, REALLY good at it. He could appeal to kids and adults easily. Had that certain Je-ne-Sais-Quoi, a certain magic, a certain charm on all levels.

3- Integrity: He never allowed any cheap merchandising to be made of his characters, despite huge pressure from his syndicate and the fact that it could have made him filthy rich, he prided himself on being the only person who ever touched the production of his strip.

4- Took a huge risk in breaking from the formatted Sunday Strip format alloted to most cartoonsts so he could have more artistic freedom. Paved the way for other cartoonists who now do this as well.

5- Chose to quit while he was ahead. His anthologies still sell well at bookstores.

...but on the other hand, he could at times come off as a pompus ass. That much I don't admire, but his pros vastly outweigh his cons.
Easily my parents, or a few of my Teachers, Shoutout to Mr. Peters, Ms. Koch, and Ms. Hicks, hope you are doing well and find happiness.

I Idolize them for putting up with me and for being great people.
It's hard for me to find a hero right now, with my world falling apart at the seams.

Given thought, though, I'd say Thomas Jefferson. He was brilliant, he was a great proponent of human and people's rights (even if his ideas have been massacred by now), and he wrote what is probably still the most important document since our nation was founded (Benjamin Franklin's Declaration of Independence predates the founding of the USA and is therefore null in this category). I believe that the US Constitution expresses his hopes for a brighter future, and if we look at it properly, we can see what he wanted to accomplish through it.
My most trusted hero would probably be the guy whose concert I'm going to see two weeks from now, "Weird Al" Yankovic. He doesn't drink, smoke, take drugs, or eat meat (don't care about the last one). He was his high school's valedictorian. He's the most versatile singer impersonator, and the most talented lyricist, who ever lived.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I don't think I have a hero really I don't know
All of my heroes are Japanese.

First up I think I'll bring up Shinichi Watanabe AKA Nabeshin! I like this man because:

1: He's the one who worked on my most favorite three animes of all time, Excel Saga, Puni Puni Poemi, and Tenchi Muyo GXP!

2: He's the only person who I think looks bad ass with an afro!

My next hero would have to be the manga artist Koshi Rikdo because:

1: He gave birth to my most favorite manga of all time, Excel Saga!

2: He created the most sexiest, the most beautiful, the most perfect girl (in my opinion) of all time, Excel! I love her so much! I have an unnatural obsession with her.

Next up would then have to be Hideo Kojima!

1: Two words, Metal Gear! My most favorite game of all time! (Raiden and Snake kick ass!) Zone of the Enders was also a great game.

2: The story is purely awesome!

Then my last hero would have to be Tomonobu Itagaki.

1: Dead or Alive is by far the best fighting game ever made.

2: Next to Metal Gear and Final Fantasy, Ninja Gaiden has got to be the best game ever made!
I have a movie about Guilty gear it is not total complete but I look further but you can see al the players in it and see them fight it looks like a anime.