Join our server on Discord

R.I.P. Ronny v_v
This day marks the funarel of the 40th President Ronald Regan.

A Great man how did many great things for this Nation.

And the saddest thing is that he did so much for us and when he got a terrable disease we could do nothing to help him.

I will miss him, as will the entire nastion.

God Be with you Ronny, we will never forget you! v_v
He was the main person that ended the cold war
yeah good man he will be missed
Quote:A Great man how did many great things for this Nation.
Quote:yeah good man he will be missed
What the fuck? Are you guys sure you're talking about Ronald Reagan the president? Policy-wise, he was the worst president we've ever had (although Bush Jr. is coming close). He actually said that he wanted to undo everything that F.D.R. accomplished. He was the opposite of Robin Hood, wanting the rich to be richer and the poor to be poorer or dead. After cutting public care funding, the guy personally needed 24 hour attention for his last 10 years. I wouldn't be surprised if he survived as long as he did by eating babies (South Park reference). I actually listened to a speech that one of his campaign managers gave, explaining their strategies. Trust me, his tactics and his policies were as close to true evil as you can get in this world. You can tell me to have respect for the dead, but the man died a long time ago, and I certainly had no respect for him then. Oh yeah, and if hell exists, he'll be rotting in its 7th level.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Can't say that I ever knew much about the guy, but from what I've seen, he's done his share of good and stupid things, as has any world leader. (Stupid: Funding and training Bin Laden, Good: Ending the cold war without actually shooting anyone.)

I myself tend to be a smidgen to the left, but I could respect this guy on the grounds that he at least acted like a real leader instead of pussy-footing around everything or talking out of his ass, like most politicians today do.
Quote:He was the main person that ended the cold war
Actually, Gorbachev was mostly responsible for ending it, and that's why his country hated him. Well, that, and his anti-drinking campaign.

Quote:And the saddest thing is that he did so much for us and when he got a terrable disease we could do nothing to help him.
No, as I explained, that was karma.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
whoa wise got political
Ah, Gorbachev. Now there is a *truly* great man.

I'd also give Lech Walesa some credit for the end of the cold war. He was behind the polish solidarity, which was the first of all the uprisings in Soviet-controlled countries.
Tank Cop Wrote:And the saddest thing is that he did so much for us and when he got a terrable disease we could do nothing to help him.

Actually, had it not been for Dubya cutting the funding for stem-cell research, it's possible we could have given the Gipper a few more years.

Then again, it is sort of fitting that Reagan died of disease when you consider the fact that his initial refusal to acknowledge the full scope of the AIDS crisis meant that government-funded research into the disease was delayed, and many people died from ignorance.
hey it's politics what can we say