Join our server on Discord

News Flash: "4Kids Entertainment" has da "One
I just found out from Toonzone that "4Kids Entertainment" has gained the license for the popular anime show One Piece.

Here's the link to the article itself.
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=113108

I never seen the anime, but I'm sure being dubbed by a company called "4Kids" is not a good thing. :?
Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath for a decent dub on this one, 4Kids tends to dumb down everything it works on. I lost all respect for the company after they butchered Card Captor Sakura.
Im admitingly in a joyous comatose state over hearing that One Piece is finally being brought to the states, though having 4kids do the dubbing is certainly sending chills down my spine. WHo knows? Perhaps this could be their saving grace and redeem themselves for past abominations.

But I swear to god, if they change Luffy's name, I will be on national telivision when I storm the 4kids studio and start hacking people up with a katana. 3 katanas, actually.
I knew people would say stuff like this
The Cardcaptors dub sucks?? It's one of the best translations I ever saw...

...Oh, wait, I'm thinking of the French one. Come to think of it, I've never seen the English one...

Anyways, what's this "One Peice" anime? Is it about a bathing suit?
one piece is basically dbz with pirates (one pieces creator has even admitted to being a hardcore dbz fan)

4kids didnt do 'cardcaptors', that was nelvana

and yes the dub was horrible 'shudders'

it was so horrible that subtitled only japanese dvds actually sold better

4kids so far has only done 2 decent things

ultraman tiga, after the horrible horrible dub, the dvds are subtitled only, the dub is dead

tmnt, the new turtles cartoon kicks ass

4kids sucks
UnknownH Wrote:I knew people would say stuff like this

But am I wrong? PLus, you should know me to rarely say something like this. One Piece is THAT important.
Quote:4kids didnt do 'cardcaptors', that was nelvana

and yes the dub was horrible 'shudders'

Oh okay, I musta been confused since it was on right next to Pokemon. Anyway *shudder* indeed. I finally got around to ordering the first Cardcaptor Sakura from Netflix so I could see the good version.
GOCdlx Wrote:tmnt, the new turtles cartoon kicks ass
damn right
The Infamous Boss Reo Wrote:But am I wrong? PLus, you should know me to rarely say something like this. One Piece is THAT important.

yeah I know they suck but still I knew this would happen
had to post this
http://www.animenation.net/news/askjohn.php?id=900