Join our server on Discord

Kari's Crest Question
Since watching the Digimon Marathon last weekend, I've noticed something confusing involving Kari's crest.

After Wizardmon and Gatomon enters Myotismon's laire, Wizardmon finds the crest, but when Myotismon enters and catches them in the act, He says, "Do you think I leave the original lying around for thieves like you?" While he was saying this, he was holding up (presumely) the real crest and crushes it while Wizardmon puts the fake one in his pocket.

Later after Wizardmon gets his ass kicked, Joe and TK find him in the water. Wizardmon holds up the crest and says it belongs to the 8th child and that crest is eventually given back to Kari.

Ok, so Myotismon suggests the crest that Wizardmon and Gatomon found was fake and the real one was always with him. He crushes what was supposed to be the real one, and the fake one winds up with kari, but it works for her anyway.

Was there something I've missed....was it an error in the writing....or was it an error in the dubbing?
Yeah I caught that too. I always assumed it was a dubbing fuck-up or Myotismon was showing he had a lot of copies and they weren't really worth much.

Anyway if that's the case afterward I just figured Wizardmon lifted the real thing off of Myotismon just before he was tossed in the river.

As for the original lines and/or explanation, I don't have a clue. Sorry.
Maybe Myotismon actually DID leave the real crest in the coffin, and he was trying to fool Wizardmon into thinking that the crest he lifted was fake, so they would toss it aside or something.

Eh?
Yeah that makes sense, kinda backfired masterfully on him didn't it?

On the other hand since the tags and crests were just a physical thing to focus their energy through in the first place and not really necessary maybe it didn't really mater weather Kari had the original or not. Once it was in her possession it's possible that it'd work anyway.

Hell for all we know the original is still somewhere in Tokyo.

Hey I just had a weird-ass thought: What if Myotismon had a copy on him when Angewomon shot him and the crest was resonating with Kari's digivice then what caused him to reasemble himself instead of deleting right away was because he had some strange connection to Kari's digivice and that's why he was able to go mega. Something like how the 01 rookies gave their power to Imperialdramon to allow him to mode change.
some parts are mysterious but I think Daemon's explanation could work
yep he was probally lying
I've always wondered about this scene as well. But after rewatching it over and over, I feel it was nothing more than a translation mistake.

After all, this was the same episode the dubbers had to change so it'd be suitable for young audiences. Ya know, the whole Wizarmon pretending to be drunk and the chilly sauce? I know it sounds weird, but maybe when they corrected this scene, something got screwed up with the crest scene.

Maybe something offensive or bad was in it, so the dialogue was changed. Either that, or they were busy with the drunk scene and stuff got all messy. But I could just as easily be wrong.
ya know Prophet this is a good question
Daemon Wrote:Maybe Myotismon actually DID leave the real crest in the coffin, and he was trying to fool Wizardmon into thinking that the crest he lifted was fake, so they would toss it aside or something.

Eh?

*dances happily*
Exactly! Myotismon knowing he had been backstabbed wanted to confuse them so he in a way said that theirs was fake and his was real and crushed it, my question to that is, why keep it around, why not just crush the original anyway? Unless he knew it would come to a stand off and he'd have a get out of jail free card... I see.
You know I didnt notice that but I noticed another thing.
1Episode when Taj Introducts the Kids He forgot to introduce Joe.
I live in a small country tel me was this defect seen eniwer else.