Join our server on Discord

Concerning the new look of the Final Fantasy characters&
Which do you prefer, the anime look in FF VII, VIII, and IX or the new Asian look in FF X, X-2, and FF VII: Advent Children? Personally I prefer the Asian look, it fits better, but I also have a thing for Asian girls (Such beautiful eyes...) and I think Asian eyes look cool also.

In Advent Children I like that they made Cloud's hair smaller, it would of look ridiculous if they kept it the same way with the more serious look.

After seeing the trailer to Advent Children though it made me start to wish for a movie for Final Fantasy VIII also. Squall's my favorite FF character of all time. That Gunblade was sweet!

But anyway which do you prefer, Anime or Asian look?
well it depends. I can deal with both looks though.
Since I am into the series, I played the regular series through, cept the FF 3. And I am working on finishing the tactic advance. And later on the FF Crystal Chronicles.

So the looks are fine. I think western oriented persons should have anime look and the eastern oriented ones the Asian look.
I like how the X, X-2 characters looked, but I guess as games get more photorealistic it makes since the one produced in Japan would of course look Japanese.
I actually like how they are going to look like in FFXII. I guess since it started in FFX, I'll have to go with that.
There was an article in GameInformer for FFXII that made a crack about how the main male characters in the FF games seem to be wearing less and less clothing as the years go by and by the time FFXV rolls around the main character will probably be wearing nothing but assless chaps.

When I saw that I laughed my balls off, think about how the religious fanatics will respond to that devlopment.
Quote:There was an article in GameInformer for FFXII that made a crack about how the main male characters in the FF games seem to be wearing less and less clothing as the years go by and by the time FFXV rolls around the main character will probably be wearing nothing but assless chaps.

Yeah I remember that article too, funny...
But anyway... Have noticed that the main female characters are putting on more and more clothing? Tifa had just a mini skirt and a tank top. Rinoa had that shirt and that vest-like shirt over that and some shorts. Dagger had very tight pants and a blouse. And Yuna had that robe. I can't remember what the girl in FF12 is wearing though... I just thought I'd bring that up...
It doesn't really matter to me how they look, since they've almost all looked the same since FFVII. I'd be more impressed if they made more original character designs, instead of taking an old one and making it look more Asian or whatever.
I like them to keep mixing up different art styles for their different games rather than sticking to one style for all of them. If they only go with one, then we'd eventually get bored with it.

But, at some point, I'd like to eventually see a male main hero in a FF game who could not pass for a woman. C'mon, give the reings to someone uber-manly, like Barret!
cloud doesn't look so girly and the guys are wearing less and the girls are wearing more? that's not right.
UnknownH Wrote:cloud doesn't look so girly...
Oh really? : p