Join our server on Discord

Digimon types - What are they all about?
You hear on the show all the time. Vaccine, Data, Virus. I'm seriously wondering if they really matter, because no generalisation can be made. For example, Guilmon and Wormon are virus types, and they're good, half the destined digimon are datas, and the other half are vaccines. What's the real difference between the types?
is guilmon a virus :shock: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its not fair
normally virus are named to be evil and vaccine to defend the world off them.

but there is not really a thing you can use for sure, coz being a virus doesn't mean the digimon ish evil, like Guilmon.
Same goes for the vaccines.
pffff I thougth a virus digimon was always bad
nope of course not. ^^ Guily ish a good guy.
wel I never seen the third episode but I have seen some pics
I think it's to create balance between Digimon so that no one type can be stronger than the rest.

If you've played the game "Eternal Darkness," you'll know that there's three "Ancients" who harbor a color: Red, Green, and Blue. Red (strength) beats Green (mind), Green beats Blue (magic), and Blue beats Red. As long as nothing interfered with them, they would remain in harmonious balance (till that stupid Roman had to go sneaking in the temple...) There's also the fourth Ancient, who is Purple. He has no significant strengths or drawbacks against the three. This could classify as the fourth type of Digimon, for example, Azulongmon and the like.

As for the digidestined Digimon, "Virus" is normally treated as bad, and I don't think they would want a "bad guy" in the hero team.
Nope, Azulongmon is a data type. Here is proof

http://ca.geocities.com/digi_josied/digi...ngmon.html

And I'm 100% sure that Guilmon and Wormon are virus types, so that proves that there's really no difference between them. Sure, Guilmon chucks a psycho now and then, but Wormon is timid and friendly, surely not bad.

And also, digimon are able to change types when they digivolve (yeah, I did post this in the wrong topic, even if it was called New Digimon Games info...) Thus...

Demiveemon (data) --> Veemon (Vaccine)
Garurumon (data) --> WereGarurumon (Vaccine)
Greymon (Vaccine) --> Skullgreymon (Virus)

And a strange discovery...

ExVeemon (Vaccine) + Stingmon (Virus) = Paildramon (Data) hmm... interesting

And not all Vaccines are good, Lucemon was one. MetalSeadramon was a bad data as well.
Oh, oops. Guess I should do my research before blurting things out. (Coulda swore...)
Digimon World 2 provides one possible reason (game's DNA digivolution). It's a rock-paper-scissors type scenario. Vaccines at the same level as Viruses are stronger. Viruses are stronger than Data types. Data types are stronger than Vaccines. Well, maybe not stronger, but overriding. Like Daemon said, it's kind of about balance.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against