Join our server on Discord

Slide Evolution: Hindsight is 20/20
Here's another thing added in later seasons that could have really helped explain things early on. If it had been available in previous seasons just never used, it may have solved quite a few problems/arguments early on about the 02 digimon’s ultimate forms.

Shakkoumon<---->MagnaAngemon
Sylphymon<---->Angewomon
Paildramon<---->Dinobeemon

Half jokingly here's some other posible slide evolutions:

Devimon<---->Devidramon
ExVeemon<---->Veedramon
MetalGreymon<---->SkullGreymon
VenomMyotismon<---->MaloMyotismon
Magnadramon<---->Ophanimon

Now that I think about it you could make Angemon become Devimon in DW1 if you lost a battle and his happiness/discipline was below 50%
I don't think it really works that way, the fact is that if a DNA Digimon Slide Evolved to another form (ie Silphymon to Angewomon) the extra Digimon (in this case Hawkmon) would be rejected as a part of the Data for that Digimon (Angewomon).

The point of Slide Evolution was to shift from one spirit type to another, I doubt even someone using the H-Spirit of Flame could shift to to B-Spirit of Light, I really believe the Slide Evolution was based on the link between the Spirit because they were in essence the same Digimon.
I don't agree witht hat entirely, Reclaimer -- In fact, I support this theory based on the simple nature of "DNA" evolutions. In a Jogress, or DNA, evolution, the Two Digimon do not become a new one. One Digimon provides power to the other, so that the primary Digimon can evolve to the next level, or possibly an intermediate level (Xeed Milleniumon+ Monodramon = Cyberdramon).

In Zero Two, they simply wanted to provide three clear-cut Ultimate/Perfect forms for the initially introduced new heores -- V-mon, Armadimon, and Hawkmon. They did this by making another of the primary heroes become a power source -- Stingmon, Angemon, and Tailmon. THe creators did NOT want to use this to simply eliminate the previous Digimons importance, or make them disappear, so the Digimon which resulted were designed to reflect both of the Digimon involved.

Paildramon, for example, still has obvious reflections of Stingmon, a result of his being a power source for the evolution. However, were XV-mon used as power to evolve Stingmon, we would end up with Dino Beemon, which resembles Stingmon more than Paildramon does. Thus I believe that a sort of "slide" evolution is present there.

Silphymon, for another example, has Tailmon's ears and a white, fuzzy torso, while otherwise reflecting the tendency (whether intentional or not, it is largely true) of Perfect Digimon to be more humanoid than their Adult form. Had Hawkmon acted as a power source, in place of the Crest of Hikari, Tailmon would still have become Angewomon, because of the nature of Jogress (JOin and proGRESS) evolution.

Technically, even Tailmon <-> Nefertimon is a Slide Evolution, because both Digimon are Level IV (Champion, Armor, H&B Hybrids) Digimon. I believe I was the first to use the term "slide evolution" to describe the phenomenon, in fact, and though I cannot readily prove such, it was well before Frontier.

There's nothing wrong with applying a term from a later season into a previous one -- it's possible situations change (perhaps in a post-Zero Two story Digimon appear in the same Digital Fields as in Tamers) or that a new method is necessary (perhaps someone freezes the power of Gabumon and Agumon to Warp Evolve, but Taichi and Yamato find a way to Biomerge with them to reach Mega level), or even just a better term was applied to a phenomenon already existant (the capability of Monzaemon to Slide Evolve into Waru Monzaemon or Pandamon and Tailmon, during Zero Two, to become another Level IV -- Nefertimon).

The reason I believe Jogressed Digimon could Slide from one side to another is because of their nature: They are Two Digimon, and based on who is the dominant one in the evolution, the form can change. I also believe Slide Evolution would have been practical during Zero Two for Daisuke, Miyako, and Iori, in order to maintain the power level of their Digimon while changing their Digimental Armor.

The biggest thing I'd like to see is certain Digimon to receive some power-ups in stories, like maybe a post-Zero Two that utilizes an ability for the Digimental Armors to be combined into one reflecting their holder's "true" trait, but which is still not a "Golden" Digimental. Or even just the ability to use "Dual-Armor Evolution" instead of sacrificing the old ones... or Cross Armor Evolutions, for the forms not in Zero Two, like Yashamon.
Thank you Nate Hunter that was exactly what I was getting at, though you explianed it so much better.

I'm kind of annoyed with myself for forgetting about the armors. :oops:
Jeez now that I think about it how many times could the rookies gotten their ***es handed to them so they could change digi-eggs?

Anyway after I posted the last time I kept thinking about it and there was a card in Digital Card Battle called "Mutant Digivolution" that basically allowed you to slide evolve any digimon to any other digimon of the same level. Even though the PSX games are in no way related to the show the ability had been there in its own way quite some time before Frontier.
I really think that the best way to describe DNA Slide Evolution and the only way for it to occur would be for something like Paildramon to Slide Evolve to Dinobeemon, that one I would agree with, and I think it would apply to all DNA evolutions that if a the main digimon and attributing digimon were switched it would become an opposite of the first digimon, so to speak. If Hawkmon lent his power to Gatomon (like the digimon did for Imperialdramon to mode change) then yes she could evolve to Angewomon, but I do not believe he could physically bond with her to make Angewomon simply because if you think about Digimon in terms of the fact that they are Data it makes no sense, if you have two computer programs and put them together they aren't the same program, they are a fusion. I agree with the whole Paildramon and Dinobeemon slide evolution thing though.

I have also been thinking for a long time that Armor Fusion Digimon would be cool to see, like a Veemon evolved with Friendship and Courage.
I've heard of some people saying that Sagittarimon is a Dual Armor Evolution, but they clearly pay no attention to these things -- Sagittarimon is V-mon + Digimental of Hope.

The way Jogress/DNA evolution works is not that both Digimon become one, I already said that. I don't believe that it is likely for a Jogressed Digimon to "slide" into an alternate form, but I do recognize that, in theory, it's possible. You see, there are two major types of Data in the Digital Realm -- PROGRAMS and FILES. Files can be further divided into Data-files (Text, Spreadsheets, Databases, etc.) and Media-files (Images, movies, music, etc.). Programs cannot be manipulated without a large amount of skill, however Files can.

If you ignore the fact that these Digimon can materialize their data into the real world, you can categorize Digimon within this hierarchy. "File > Datafile" would, I believe, describe them best -- they run within a program (The Digital World), but can still be manipulated as any Datafile can (Evolution, De-evolution, growth, being hacked, etc.) -- including the ability to be "copy-pasted" with another Digimon in the act of the Jogress. OPen a text file, and copy-paste its contents into another to see what I am getting at, because, as I mentioned earlier, Text files fit cleanly into the Data-file category (If you prefer, you can use a Word-processor for a Marked-up text file, and you'll still see the same results). Because Digimon are FILES within the Program, they can join and alternate thier ordering -- to demonstrate, when you do the project above, you can either paste the text at the beginning or end, which would change which is the "initial" or "primary" contents of the file.

Doing this project does not destroy the initial file which was copied from, nor does it permanently alter the file to which the contents are pasted -- you can later "de-evolve" the file to its initial state, reversing the operations which allowed it to grow in the first place.

So if you have a file "YUKIMI BOTAMON" which has grown to the same state that it would have to for the "DIGIWORLD" program to recognize it as being YUKIMI BOTAMON>NYAROMON>PLOTMON>TAILMON (thus it is currently Tailmon), and the file references it's own next phase as ANGEWOMON (which individual Digimon files probably would do), then once it has attained enough further Data to be considered to "evolve" again, the program will load it as >ANGEWOMON, in addition to the above line. However, if you gave all of this NYAROMON data to, being theoretical again, PURURUMON>POROMON>HAWKMON>AQUILAMON, with a reference of its next being SILPHYMON, then AQUILAMON, assuming this provided enough Data for his own evolution, would become >SILPHYMON, while if the operation were reversed, this TAILMON would receive AQUILAMON's Data, and if it were enough for her evolution, she would become ANGEWOMON.

Ooh, nasty technical headache, even though I tend to love these sorts of things. Anyhow, most Digimon probably have a fairly large variety of "references" in their Evolution path, and some might have "Alternate" references based on parameters at evolution (Digimon World/Pendulum), perhaps the system clock's position at their evolution, and possibly even the actual Data used to trigger an evolution (ie, adding a file like a Digimental rather than normally acquired Data or an infusion from a Jogress). I'm not saying these are the only parameters, but they're a few examples.

With the Hybrid Digimon, this is a clear divergence at one level -- Flamon could become either Vritramon or Agnimon, based on the circumstances but both of them end up becoming Aldhamon and then Kaizer Greymon, and probably Ancient Greymon beyond that. In addition, because a Flamon would probably reference both evolutions, Vritramon and Agnimon, it could, after evolving to one, "slide" to the other, the same way the Chosen CHildren of Frontier can Slide while evolved.
Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion but I'm gonna stick with mine.
Nate Hunter's opinion sounds right to me, so I agree there.
Quote:Nate Hunter's opinion sounds right to me, so I agree there.
It's almost impossible to agree with everything Nate says. His average post has about twenty different opinions/comments in it. He's got the opposite problem of Rikaryo2000.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I've tried, but I don't really see any digimon that share the same sort of attributes as Silphymon or Shakkoumon. However, if Silphymon digivolved further to Valkyrimon

[Image: Valkyrimon11.gif]

Then he/she could probably slide-evolve to Eaglemon.

[Image: Eaglemon.gif]

Valkyrimon may have more traits of Gatomon, for example, the angel thing, but Eaglemon has more traits of Aquilamon.

As for Shakkoumon, who mega-digivolves to Vikemon

[Image: Vikemon11.jpg]

Then he could slide-evolve to SlashAngemon

[Image: SlashAngemon.jpg]

Vikemon looks like a beast, so that would be Ankylomon's trait, but SlashAngemon has the tribute of an angel obviously.

I may be wrong, but that's the best I can do.