Join our server on Discord

Untitled Fic Concept, any suggestions?
Here is the general beginning arc concept:

Two Digimon, Agumon and Gabumon, are present when their village is attacked, they hide but have a strong desire to fight the menaces ravaging their town, the two Villiage Trasures (the spirits of Flame and Light) merge with the two creating Flamon and Strabimon. The two fight back the attackers and the enemy flees into the woods with several villagers, one particularly dear to Flamon. The village elder sends the two to a Digimon City where the ruler charges them with finding his kidnapped son Veemon.

Meanwhile a Rosemon, who fights for the same dark force that attacked Flamon/Strabimon's village, controls an Omnimon and wreaks havoc on the Digital World, in a spot where the forces of good and evil will cross.

Any suggestions?
Quote:where the ruler charges them with finding his kidnapped son Veemon.
I'll give you the 4-1-1 for my 411th post. You're certainly taking some liberties in Digimon logic. It's not just the son thing, but having Rookies do the job? Is it a Koromon village or something? Yep, the village would have to be comprised of In Training Digimon. Rosemon controlling Omnimon? You should make that a sex type thing.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I'd have to say, Wise is probably right there, but in a purely Digimon-centered fic, the rules could be different...

First off, you have to consider that the power level of the "Hybrid" Rookies (Pico level) is on a different scale than a normal Rookie. Especially since these are not just "a" Flamon and "a" Strabimon, but Legendary Warriors (based on the fact that they are the result of the spirits).

In a Digital World centered story, not only is the level of a Digimon a consideration, so too is the age, and possible illnesses that might come with age. Also, it's possible that other Digimon could appear as the other Legendary Warriors -- in fact, if the story were worked out properly... it could even become a prequel to Frontier, meaning that all of these Digimon they fight ultimately work for Lucemon. With only a "first arc" proposal on the table, we have no idea where the story will go from there.

As far as advice for the story, I would strongly recommend saving ANY plot idea that doesn't fit in readily with the beginning of the story -- namely these two Final level Digimon.
Well for the logic thing, I can explain somethings.

Yes, the Spirit Hybrids are stronger than typical Rookies, they do not destroy the intruders, but their added power helps push them back.

Veemon is AlforceVeemon's son in the fact that AlforceVeemon is Veemon's guardian, not a direct parent, due to birth at primary village, think adoption.

Rosemon controls Omnimon because one of her abilities with her whip is Mind Control.

Humans may come into play.
Plot wise I do want to keep it down so I'm not putting everything out about the story.
Well, if you would like to bounce ideas off of someone with an open mind and a good deal of knowledge about all four seasons, I'm willing. Just PM me and I'll listen and respond to any ideas you have... or call me on AIM at SirJasonK.

Anyhow, this sounds like a good idea except I'm still worried that have Rosemon and Omega... Omnimon appear to near the beginnign will disrupt the power balance of the story.
Their battle encounter (if it happens) with Omnimon is far off, and there are other plots elements in the way
I have to disagree with Wisemon on a point - I don't see why villages have to be composed of just stage I and II digimon. Primary Village and other such places? Sure, makes sense. Otherwise? No, not seeing it.
Wisemon's objection was not to the fact that a village should only have Level I or II Digimon -- it was that for Pico Digimon to save Veemon, the Digimon would have to be of a lwoer level THAN Rookie/Pico -- however, each author is free to take their liberties, such as Reclaimer making the Pico Digimon a power level between Rookie and Champion, or my giving an advanced Digimon culture the full concepts of family, without understanding humans at all.

In fact, Digimon Revolution makes clear references to the presence of parents -- namely Elena's mother and father (a Lillymon and a Syurimon), and Lenna's mother, an Atlantimon, as well as the concepts of siblings, because Veen refers to Lenna as his SISTER. Whether this means Digitama simply appear to a pair of parents or a single parent to be raised by them or is an actual reference to sexual reproduction in the Digimon world, I will not say, despite the fact that I know which it is. The fact that Digimon Parents raise their Children, are usually married to another Digimon (or at the least they're living together), and that most Digimon species have two genders is what defines the world of Revolution over other Digimon continuities.

If Reclaimer is going to make a continuity where Pico Digimon are a separate level, between Rookie and Champion, that's his choice, but it's advisable he stick to his guns on it, making the other hyrbid levels Inter-Power forms too, if they should happen to appear. He also needs to understand how deep the "rabbit-hole" of his continuity really goes, compared to the other seasons and stories he's read. I'm not going to say he's "right" or "wrong" for what he does in an original Digimon fic, though I would not consider it unfair to make the same criticisms were this simply a fan-fiction set to follow-up Frontier or to be a prequel to Frontier.
The hybrid levels are on a separate set of power, and the reason Picos were chosen was due to the fact that they have the potential power of legendary warriors