Join our server on Discord

cursing
I become nuts of al that cursing others even her childeren of 5 call other guys gay the world becomes nuts
All I can say about that is that society is going down the drain to hell... pretty much that wraps everything up in a nice package....
And the curing thing.. it's in the music.. so it gets to them at a early age anways...
So your pretty much screwed... unable to stop kids from listening to curse words, unless there is no radio, TV, etc... so just goes to show.. how our society is just really really screwed up.
Some people say humans evolved from primates. While I can't advocate for either that or Creatonism, I do support a different type of evolution. The Evolution of Speech.

The way we talk changes over time. You can't deny it. Take a look at the United States versus Great Britain. Ever since we seperated, we've both created our own slang, our own phrases, and even our accent is different.

"Cool" doesn't mean what it meant 150 years ago. The word evolved into additional meanings. "Eye candy" didn't even exist in the dictionary back then. Now it's used without so much as a second glance (at least here).

I think it's mostly man's innate desire to stay with tradition that causes some to sneer at words like "fuck" or "shit." They don't want to accept using those words in a different state. I wouldn't want to stop eating salami and pepperoni pizza. I don't want to use egg substitute. I like hawaiian shirts and cargo pants. I can't stand boxer shorts. They're the things I grew up with. If some new kind of pizza came out or a different fashion trend started, I wouldn't follow them. I like my tradition.

But Speech has evolved. Some of what's common to young people today is awfully strange to adults. It's not something that can be snuffed out, it'll continue, past standards and laws if it comes to that.
fuck and shit are often used words and i think they lost some of their former power to offend others
Ancient Veemon Wrote:fuck and shit are often used words and i think they lost some of their former power to offend others

That's true.. they have lost some of their original power, but they still offend people.. and yes speech of the English language has changed much and is contining to change...