Join our server on Discord

Poll: What is your favorite season of digimon?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Season 1
9.09%
1 9.09%
Season 2
27.27%
3 27.27%
Season 3
45.45%
5 45.45%
Season 4
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Favorite season
Quote:funny story the d-reaper arc on tamers is what caused it to go down cause it was too mature or something for the target audience that's why frontier was kinda horrible
The D-Reaper thing wasn't that hard to understand. The program was going to erase everything; that's not so esoteric. The real problem, the one that nobody realizes was the real reason they hated it, was that the D-Reaper had no characterization. Villains have to be evil and quirky, just as heroes have to be lovable. A faulty computer program doesn't cut it with kids, or me.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
yeah, I have to agree with Wisemon. It was the most disturbing thing on it.
The D-Reaper has no soul and it has not really something on it you might like.
normally every villain has a part on themself people just like *points to the fact all normal enemies have fans*
It could be the pain the character had to suffer, it could be just the plain hate at something.
D-Reaper had nothing from them. It was a program which deleted only, completely without any soul or something you can find any sympathy or hate against.
And yet the Borg are the most hated villains in the Star Trek fandom? The real reason the D-Reaper cause a drop in popularity was the scientifically advanced explanations of it, which went right over kids' heads. It wasn't the soulless thing, at least not the same way you guys think it was. Quantum physics and all that shit goes over my head, and that's how they explained the D-Reaper.

You think it's because it was a faulty program? Isn't that exactly what every villain is? A bug or glitch in the system of the ordered world which they are opposed to? Something which feels the system has betrayed it by not allowing it to fulfill its own function? Or perhaps by not recognizing its function?

The most lovable (and hateable) villains are the ones who try to replace our order with theirs -- Vandemon who tried to cover the world in darkness, Lucemon who tried to rule the Digital World with absolute authority, even Kaizer Ken trying to control everything and "win" the game, all of them were lovable because they tried to take the existing order and replace it with their own.

The D-Reaper didn't have the benefit of replacing "our" order with its order -- it was going to replace our order with nothingness, no order, no anything. The borrg are no more emotional than the D_Reaper, but something in them causes them to be a more lovable (or hateable) enemy than the D-Reaper -- and I believe that something is the fact that they are trying to replace our order with theirs, rather than simply obliterating all order for nothingness.

Try to imagine a villain who's only purpose is to obstruct the hero, but not pose a truly difficult challenge. They have no ultimate goal of changing anything in the world, except to, in their own hopes, defeat the hero. This type of villain will not be truly despised, but no more will they be truly loved. They'll be considered a pest and annoyance, but noot a real villain.

Now give them the goal of taking the hero's greatest asset and using it for their own ends. Taking the hero's order and turning it to their own, in a way. You now have a villain which can be loved and hated, though not thoroughly or intensely.

Now give that villain a desire to change the world of the hero, and the hero is the only force between the villain and success. The hero is the only thing maintaining our order as the villain attemtps to turn our order to theirs. Regardless of characerization, we have a respect for the villain, for being ambitious enough to take the whole world, rather than just the hero. We come to love them because they love themselves, and to hate them because they try to destroy what we know and expect.

Now give that villain a background, a personality, a life on conflicts, and we have a reason to admire them, to not just look at them and say "they're crazy", but to look at them and say, "So that's where they're coming from." The D-Reaper is a nightmare villain, the sort of thing which terrifies, but does not inspire fear -- you can't feel anything for it, only for what it's doing, and all you can feel is terror, anger, and perhaps even a sort of hatred, at what's happening because of it.

Anyhow, that's my feeling son the subject -- D-Reaper wasn't a bad concept, but the explanations they used for it were, as was the fact that without any sort of characterization or any goal but deletion, it was a nightmare enemy, not a real villain.
Alright, maybe you liked it, but you're an admitted Trekky. Personally, it was no fun watching the kids fight something that couldn't talk back. Also, the animation for the D-Reaper, well, it wasn't bad, but it was poorly colored. Believe it or not, the color scheme for a character can make a big difference in how much of him your eyes can take. All of the D-Reaper's forms were mixtures of light brown, lavender, and mustard yellow. Villains who look like puke can work, but only for a limited amount of time. Part of Myotismon's success has to be attributed to his royal purple outfit, white skin, and crimson trim. The colors compliment each other quite nicely, which is why they kept the scheme for his other evolutions. While Myotismon was mostly purple, VenomMyotismon was mostly crimson, and MaloMyotismon was mostly white. Do you see how it works?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Yes, it does work. Well, I never saw the second half of tamers. I guess that's why Season 4 is my favourite. It's just I like the story and plot, and the details of the characters better. Season 1 and 2 was less good because the humans didn't have a role in battle, the digimon did, and because the digimon didn't have much explanation, I thought it wasn't very successful. However, in Frontier, the battlers are given a full explanation, because the humans are the battlers. In where I'm going, I think Tamers, well the first half anyway, was fine because there was some light on the actual fighters, plus the humans could have a much better role in battle than just holding out a digivice, running for cover and barking orders. They could choose how to make their digimon stronger with cards, and later on, bio-merge to make their digimon even more stronger.
yes you see where I'm going with this
Season 3 was the best. At least the first half when the kids were defending earth and their hometown from invasion. The 2 best couples were found in season 3 as well. Jenrya with Ruki, and Takato with Juri. These 2 pairs were out of this world. I kept wishing they would play their romances up slightly. Like in Akazukin Cha Cha or Pita Ten. Even Magic circle Guru Guru had more romance. Nike and Kukuri were totally wrapped up with each other. I got a real laugh when Takato needed advice when his digimon grew and wouldn't shrink. He asked Juri for help. As they sit on a bench talking, Juri mistakenly thinks he is about to confess his love to her and she freaks out. Jenrya with Ruki was an interesting pair. I saw a web site in Japan where the artist had drawn 11 doujins of Jenrya and Ruki. Plus 4 more doujins of Hazuki and Yada from Ojymajo Doremi. In all the covers, and a page showing the inside artwork. Jenrya would usually be holding Ruki's wrists as he kissed her, and begain to seduce her. Ruki looked stiff and nervous, but she was holding still. Letting Jenrya slowly seduce her. She was scared, but willing. There was only one douin that I liked of these 2 pairs. It was the only doujin that didn't show the girls being raped. I hate all these rape doujins. I wont buy any doujins on ebay or from Mandarake as they are mostly rape doujins. But back to the one I liked. Jenrya was seducing and making love very gently in a house. Possibly Ruki's house. Afterwards she lay wrapped up in his arms, crying some very happy tears. A second story had Takato being seduced by Juri at their school after class. She laid down on a desk and let Takato enjoy himself. They fell asleep side by side on the train afterward. It's too bad more Japanese don't draw these love stories between the kids instead of their endless rape doujins. Raijin Oh, a sunrise studios kids mecha program has recently been released on DVD. It is a lot like the 3rd season of digimon. 18 kids who are about 10 years old defend earth from invasion. There is great character development of the kids throughout the series. And a little romance as well. One boy named Asuka has 5 of the girls chasing him. Reiko was my favorite. She is the girl who likes scary things like haunted houses. At least until a hand comes out of a water faucet and a chair starts chasing her. But season 3 was my favorite. Now if there were only more doujins of it.
Wow, I'm the only one who voted for Season 1? I thought more people than me liked it, but apparently not.
Season 1 Was the best ever It had everything From LOVE to Traitori
tamers was the best!!!!!it was the peak of digimon anime masterpeice(apart from takato sounding like a seven yr old)
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds