Join our server on Discord

Do digivolved digimon lack personality?
Do digivolved digimon lack personality (except Digmon and Lillymon)?

Well, it may be a bit of an overstatement, but I've noticed this. It seems the normal forms for the destined digimon have the most personality, while their digivolved forms are quiet and seem to lose some of their charm.
For example, you never hear Flamedramon attempt a knock-knock joke, or Nefertimon cracking a cat pun. Sure, they slip in some stuff here and there, but I wish the higher forms would relate to their rookie forms (and champion in Gatomon's case) Do you agree?
the higher digivolved form are the Digimon with a matured character. They are strong fighters.
I think they don't show much of personality, coz they just appear for fighting and not for a longer time. If they'd have shown them out of the fight, they surely would show more similarities to their rookie form.
Clearly, you haven't seen the fourth season. Today's episode was "Cherubimania" (where the series starts to get bad because only Takuya and Kouji do stuff). Anyway, during the battle with Cherubimon, EmperorGreymon and MagnaGarurumon crack a bunch of jokes, but maybe that's because they're human underneath the armor.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
If you remember in Tamers when Growlmon was having difficulty dedigivolving into Guilmon his personality was identical to his rookie from so I agree with AVeemon with if they stayed in their digivolved forms longer there really wouldn't be much change in the personality but since rookie is a child level everything above that it season 01/02 probably would speak on a more adult level if they stayed in those forms.
I think usally when they evo they have to fight so they can't make a lot of jokes
I agree with UnknowH they dont have the time
I would have to agree -- when Digimon evolve their only purpose in doing so is to fight. Even if they do make wisecracks or jokes, it's in relation to the battle (and usually dubbed in at that). However the times we do see Digimon in their evolved states longer, their personalities are similar to the ones we see before they evolve.
like when growlmon first evoed he was kinda like gulimon
yup, though I wouldn't mind to see Flamedramon in situations outside of a fight too
what about when they were rebuilding things or breaking control spires