Join our server on Discord

What will the world look like in 50 years?
Have you ever stopped to think about what te world will look like in half a century? When we're all old and retired? It's interesting to know that one day we'll be going 'In my day, we communicated through mobile phones, not any of this telepathic nonsense' or 'I had to drive to work when I was your age, we'd have none of that zooming around pressure tubes' What do you think the world will be like in 50 years? A scientific heaven? Or a complete hole in the afternath of a human made disaster?

Excuse the punctuation, I'm not awake yet
i dont think anything very specials gonna happen to soon i say.
and in some parts of the world the things will stay just as now, some african and asian poor countries.
maybe a megaconstruction will be done like the pyramid of tokio thats 1 km high.
some rumors about this meteorite or comet crashing on the earth on 2012.
who knows?
i heard of lack of potable water. maybe they hunt for countries that have high amounts of potable water like chile.
im waiting for a big discoverments in physics and informatics.
Veemon's Followers
The water problem? Well, scientists now are trying to find a cheap way to change sea water into fresh water. They can now, but it's far too expensive.
And come to think about it, maybe we'll eventually run out of resources to build any more stuff made of metal? We'll have to settle with plastic or something, but that's limited too.
So, the only thing that will last forever on this planet is wood. We might have to settle with that in the future, who knows? Maybe they'll find a way to mine metals on the moon or Mars or something, or even somehow get Mars inhabitable.
maybe the human being will discover something about magnetics and gravity to use it to fly to other planets(if the ufo stuff is true that is).

they were going to make a very big particle accelerator thats 27 km long
they wanna know if they can produce mass from pure energy.
Veemon's Followers
Wood? Are you kidding? If we do run out of sources, there is always one ultimate, and nearly limitless resource to use for building materials.. that material... is carbon. It makes up 99.9% of the universe.
Many things will probably happen...some hopefully, some definately..

We will begin using rail launchers, which are machines that use opposite magnets to accelerate an object very quickly, to shoot things into space. Hopefully.

More countries will use desalination plants as means to get fresh water.

We will figure out how exactly to synthesize oil so that we don't have to drill anymore.

And....um.....aw, hell, it is late...I can't think straight, so that is all I got.
well all depends how the politicians decide. It could turn into the good way or it could turn into evil wars which make life unworthy. I'd say, let's hope for the best.
Quote:some rumors about this meteorite or comet crashing on the earth on 2012.
I heard that it happens in 2016
Lightsabers.

We MUST have lightsabers in at least 50 years from now. Otherwise, I'll be horribly dissapointed.
Quote:Wood? Are you kidding? If we do run out of sources, there is always one ultimate, and nearly limitless resource to use for building materials..that material... is carbon. It makes up 99.9% of the universe

Some flaws in that statement I'm afraid.

1. Carbon is not the most common substance in the universe, it is in fact Hydrogen, you know, the gas that blows up a lot. It is not even the most common material on Earth. It's really Oxygen, followed by... Aluminium I think.

2. Wood is made up of carbon the last time I checked, and it is being constantly created on the planet, while rocks and metals are not. Wood is easily made, unlike most other metals and stones if we have to go back to that, so, I guess wood will always be the future... when all the other resources dry up of course. Aluminium is a common element on the planet, which is a good thing. Methods just now need to be considered on how to refine the tricky ores into metal.