Join our server on Discord

How comes a Digi-Egg into the world
wouldn't make more sense for them all to lay eggs and of course beast types have parental instincts animals do and try to find a condom that would work with a digimon it'd be pretty hard (and pills are made for humans so it might not work with digimon)
just how I see it (plus the more you think about it the weirder headache you get)
Actually I think all digimon would come from an egg, it just doesn't make sense for pok
it would mean the digital world would never have too much peop... no mons.

The beasts and not obvious as male or female shown Digimon can have fun too. I still think it.

Coz why shouldn't there be a female Veemon too (in my story will be one), they surely can have fun and a lot of them.

Hmm then might be the birth thing. Maybe the cum is only digital, so it doesn't make pregnant.

*just a weird idea i had*
I'm with you on that one Ancient Veemon, I'm just saying that digimon may reproduce differently form us, I think on their end sex would be purely recrational (and therefore less tramatic for the females.) I was just trying to come up with a way of reprodution that works in the totally B.S. context of "digimon aren't seperated into genders" as if that made any sense from the second it was out of Renamon's mouth. :roll:

On at least some level you've got to admit that physical mating would be impossible for some digimon (like maybe a female Piximon and a male Tyrannomon, ouch!) so how would some of these loving couples decide to have children if they wished to have a family? Well I came up with my own theory for it, and I hope it makes sense to people other than myself.
for couples like that I'm guessing they'd go to a mon that would help them (like a midwife or something) to combine their codes like you can do with humans and of course there's male and female versions of some digimon but some are just male and just female so there's no girl angemon or boy angewomon it makes sense
Y'know, there's a reason I don't post too often -- they take too long for me to write in the first place, becaus eif you look at my history, probbaly 80% and more of my posts are long.

Anyhow...

I think there is a form of pseudo-sexual intimacy within the Digital world, but I also believe that that is not the way in which Digimon reproduce -- I believe "sex" among Digimon is a purely recreational thing, and not involved with procreation.

There are clearly several ways a Digiegg might come into the world. One is Spontaneous Generation, as happened with Guilmon's Digiegg in Tamers, Episode 01. This is a Digiegg created from no previously existing code, and containing a completely new type of Digimon, unrelated to any existing ones (though because of how code works it might possibly be able to evolve into existing ones).

The second is Regeneration, when a Digimon uses up all of its power (as with Angemon in Adventure, Episode 13) and regenrates into its Digiegg form. This is more of a way of explaining the extremely excessive use of power by a single Digimon and rarely changes attribute -- it results in an identical Digimon to the original in 90% of cases. The other 10% led to my Digimon Side Trek lemon which is on the site.

The third is Reincarnation -- a Digimon which was deleted is reformatted into a Digiegg, or possibly into more than one Digiegg. The Digimon resulting from this sort of egg may be of the same species as the original, and may or may not have a similar personality. Fanstories have used Digimon from these types of Digieggs before -- Lord Archive references Solarmon, the reformatted Pinocchimon, and my own series "The Digital Matrix" refers to the reincarntions of the Devas.

The fourth method is Separation, and is not always possible or easy -- the data of a Digimon that has been loaded into another is separated from the Digimon who loaded it, however with no power it becomes Digiegg instead of the Digimon it was when loaded. I've only seen this used in one story, "The Digital Matrix" to allow for... I'd rather not spoil that, but if you read it you might be able to guess who will be back.

The fifth is Combination, which is like sexual reproduction, but is not actually sex -- Two Digimon combine (excess) Data and Core Data in order to make a new Digiegg, which may be the species of either parent or may be a separate, but related, species. This is sort of a "DNA devolution", as it is sensible only for Adult or higher level Digimon to perform a combination in the modern Digital World.

The last is Reformatting, which takes a Digimon anmd uses a catalyst to reformat them into a new Digimon, whether a different species of Digimon or a new personality. This sort of thing has been used by several authors to explain the origins of V-mon, Hawkmon, and Armadimon (Red Rover and myself have both used it, though my story isn't finished yet).

So I do think Digimon would know about sex, after all, they're a composite of data from our world, and there is a LOT of data about sex. I even expect they might partake of sex, as a recreational thing -- after all, there are few diseases in the Digital World, and no known STDs, so there's no reason for them to not fully enjoy it.

Heck, my "documentary" series, "Looking Closer" is a good sight at my views of what makes Digimon (or in some editions Pokemon) "tick", and how they behave sexually. I hope some pople who read it enjoy it, and that's all I have to say, because: That's the way the cookie crumbles.
well I guess that's the end of that
*closes the X-files* yeah
Aww man!Will you open the file again for me ?Pretty please?
I have a question regarding this though:
Can a Digimon an a human have children?Like,a humanoid male Digimon with a female human?(yeah,I'm thinking what you're thinking,heheheheh)
If it was the other way round,I guess the pregnancy(if such thing exists in Digimon)will go to hell if the Digimon digidevolves to a kid Digimon.
If you're thinking "What the hell?",then tell me,how come that humans and Digimon can be fused together,or Digimon become humans?The compatibility must be pretty high to do that,therefore the same with the stuff required for having children.As Nate Hunter endlessly said,there are many methods for Digieggs to come into the world,why not Digimon can procreate this way too?
Heh,just adding to the mess :P
But anyway,it doesn't seem that impossible to me.Does it to you?
*opens the X-Files again and starts a new chapter*

mhm, interesting questions, somehow. Somebody has an answer?