Join our server on Discord

How comes a Digi-Egg into the world
hmm cool. post the link soon ^^
ok I will
yay! can't wait for it ^^
I have a few theories about digimon reproduction -

Creation - Raw data from a deleted digimon, a part of the digital world, or some other source is gathered at a certain point (Primary Village - Season 1&2, Tree of Life or whatever it is on Season 4). All digimon may be produced this way, and it is the most common.

Data Cross - Data from a male digimon and a female digimon may be crossed to create a baby digimon sharing its parents' data. Vaccine, Virus and Data digimon may reproduce this way, but no crossbreeding (eg, a Vaccine/Data. It must be Vaccine/Vaccine, Virus/Virus or Data/Data, otherwise, the data in the parents and baby will be corrupted and result in deletion)

Viral Infusion - The virus that occurs in Virus type digimon may be transferred to another digimon or data field, creating a new digimon that the Virus type may call his/her own.

Should these be right? It's the theory that I go by, and it also makes my story a lot more interesting, making digimon have parents and all that... oh, and the Data Cross method is not known much by digimon, that's why they don't reproduce that way.
I see nothing wrong when Digimon are haveing parents.

Some theories sounds interesting
hey digimon can have familys it makes sense just like humans, animals, or pokemon but a good question is if they have parts like a lot of humans/animals would they do it just for fun like us?
they're hiding them. But they have them. ^^
Since a lot of digimon are based on real world animals, I'd say they would reproduce 'that' way,

Well, probably not at first, they might grow when they're rookies, or might only be able to reproduce in their natural form (ie, the form they can sustain). As for the question about fun, I suppose they would do that thing, well, the ones that have been around humans anyway.
well using the logic that they're based on animals then the females must have heats so then they either have a kid or have to take care of it alone so I don't really think that they could do for fun actually it'd just end up in an egg (yeah this popped in my head a sceond ago)
Digimon have similar intelligence to humans *glances at that one that looks like a yellow poop* well most of them anyway. The human type digimon will definitely have parental instincts, but not so sure about the beast digimon. Does that clarify? Oh, and mammal digimon that reproduce in the data-cross method do not lay eggs of course, but have the babies develop within them and give birth to live young.

The destined digimon would have been told about it for sure, and are also sure to have protection when they're doing it, or something like that, so Gatomon won't give birth to a Chibotimon or a SnowPoyomon a few months later *just examples*