Join our server on Discord

How comes a Digi-Egg into the world
Well, I'll fiekld this in my own way then...

I did clearly state that sex as we understand it is not a method of procreation among Digimon -- therefore they do not pass on their "genetic" data during intercourse, and so it is impossible for them to impregnate a human. However, I have also...

PALINMON (fan-made evolution, Culumon's Child level) is a "Third Gender", a special type of Digimon that can allow otherwise impossible things to happen. Because female Digimon do not have the necessary organs to procreate as humans do, a male human can no mor eimpregnate a female Digimon than a male Digimon could impregnate a human female.

Third Genders, however, are able to alter things in ways which are not normal, if he is involved. In the story "I Wish" Culumon unintentionally did this, allowing Renamon to be impregnated by Jenrya. That consequence is not explored in the story excpt for a mention of morning sickness an the fact that Renamon is pregnant. This is possible because Culumon's data affected her evolutions, in the same way it did Guilmon's and Terriermon's (meaning, they're probably also compatible with humans).

So, I believe Digimon are normally NOT compatible with Humans because they do not reproduce sexually in the same fashion as humans do. However, I am willing ti suspend that disbelief for the sake of a story that gives reasoning (be it the interference of the Digivice in the Digimon's code or an outside factor causing the compatibility) or is done pureply for the sake of such things (as in Lord Archive's HDTH series).
for that go here
http://digifanfic-dexstrosity.envy.nu/home.html
and read mating season (which I kinda want to reread again) it answers the crossbreading question(not officially but it sounds good)
Cyber Stryker Wrote:I'm with you on that one Ancient Veemon, I'm just saying that digimon may reproduce differently form us, I think on their end sex would be purely recrational (and therefore less tramatic for the females.) I was just trying to come up with a way of reprodution that works in the totally B.S. context of "digimon aren't seperated into genders" as if that made any sense from the second it was out of Renamon's mouth. :roll:

On at least some level you've got to admit that physical mating would be impossible for some digimon (like maybe a female Piximon and a male Tyrannomon, ouch!) so how would some of these loving couples decide to have children if they wished to have a family? Well I came up with my own theory for it, and I hope it makes sense to people other than myself.

I think that quote was used to cover for the variations of gender of voice within the various translations [i.e. German Renamon is male, while English Renamon is female]. A convienent plot device if I may say so myself.

Nate your well writen arguement and theory omits that with Machine-types a digiegg is not needed, they can be build like a machine. Where the AI comes from I don't know... the combination concept works well there, or the design of the machine-type once complete would awaken and be 'born'
the A.I. can be easily explained all digimon are made of data so they could just get data from an A.I. program or like human/animal digimon they have a mother and father machine digimon so they can just combine parts of their A.I. to make the A.I. of the "offspring" machine
simple as that