Join our server on Discord

South Park and the Passion collides
On tonights ep, Kyle sees "The Passion of Christ" and belives his religion is evil.

Here's a list of some the things that went on in the ep*for those who haven't seen the ep, consider these spoilers*
*Stan and Kenny see The Passion and thought the movie sucks and ends going to Mel Gibson's house to get their ticket-money back.
*Mel Gibson turns out to be a masa.... maso.... mas...... likes hurt himself, and is crazy as classic Daffy Duck.
*Cartman starts a Passion/Mel Gibson Fan Club, that kind of resembles an old army when Cartman dresses up like a famous evil German Dictator, speaks and German, and plans to do some "cleansing".
*Kyle trys to to get his religion comunnity to apolagize for crucifing Jesus.

One thing that stuck out to me in this ep that it seems to suggest that the movie uses the "guilt trip" trick to bring more people to Christanity, and Stan says at the end, that we should focus on what Jesus did, not how he died. I'm not gonna say he's right or wrong because I haven't seen the movie. But do you thing the ep's right?

One more thing, crazy Mel was funny, especialy when he gave Cartman a shit-spewing fart. lol
that was insane and cartman dressing up like that? stupid fatass kid there
btw if anyone wants the translated clip of the anime ep where there's singinghere yoyu have to have bit torrent http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/4829739d/bc...BMnBaOnRi
once you hear the translation you'll know they really did their homework on this
I'd say it's dead on. Whenever anyone talks about the movie, all I hear about is "how he died" and "what he did for us." They NEVER talk about his lessons or personality when they refer to the movie, ONLY his death. I am not a Christian, and in fact do not follow any Bible religions, so I have not seen the movie. I do not need Christianity shoved in my face even more than it already is (literally everything I see involving "family" has had Christianity involved, literally EVERYTHING). As a movie, I do not need to watch that kind of thing, so I will not.
It's a shame that every time some big, arrogant move for Christianity is made, it is completely celebrated. At the same time, if any even big, not necessarily arrogant, move is made for anything outside the norm, maximum resistance comes to it. I know this because I used to be hardcore. I was studying to be a priest as a child, and believed that since it was the only possible truth, everyone who believed differently should be killed and judged for their sins. Yes, I was seriously plotting such a thing, and I could've ended up becoming the new Hitler had I not opened my mind. Christianity does NOT need a big push in any way, nor does it need to be shoved in our faces (I'm not just referring to the movie, because that we have a choice in seeing). Judaism (I hope I spelled that right) is just barely accepted because, to my knowledge, it has some relation to the other Bible religions. Outside of that, every one of the other religions (Buddhism, Satanism, Wicca, etc.) gets hated by the closed-minded majority.
I could go on, but I'm really getting off-topic now. Yes, I feel the episode was dead-on, and actually supresses the real extent of which people are taking it. They had to do that to sustain the comedy of it. Also, that link's not working.
first we're not all bad some of us just love the bible very much
and here's another link http://briefcase.yahoo.com/unk3412
Religion, from my standpoint, depends. Now, as far as I'm concerned, people should try to follow the Christian religion. I've been following it myself for the last three or so years. The only problems with it is when one goes to extreme. If one tells you what they think, from their standpoint, that's okay. However, if someone's being foreful with it, and doesn't seem to care what you think, that's another thing. I'm not sure if there is a true distinction between the two, seeing as how once could just as easily become the other, but religion, when practiced by those believe in it, can only be a bad thing when used in a wrong way.

To say you believe in something, that's fine, but to say you then believe in something and then become introllerant to the different views and aspects of other people, is the becoming of a bigot. Also, certain religions (Wicca, Satanism), should be banned and outlawed because that involve the harming/killing of other people. Unless a religion causes harm to an indiviudal, then there is nothing to worry about.

I think...what is it? Islam? The one containing the jihads needs reforming. If it didn't encourage people blowing themselves up or killing others then it would be okay.

So, in a sense, religion, when practiced, but not done so in a way to harm others is okay. Also, Chrstianity, while annoying to some, it does appear to be the most widely practiced religion. I believe that Christanity is okay in the fact that it lets you live a better life style, feel better about yourself, be in control of what you're doing (like not hitting people on impulse), and all around makes you realize that you are *not* the center of the universe (yes, people, human pride does need to be curbed).

*looks back on what he just wrote*

Did any of that make any sense to you guys? It's almost midnight and my brain is practically turned to mush!
Quote:Now, as far as I'm concerned, people should try to follow the Christian religion.
Why?! I for one am quite happy without christianity, as are several billion other people, thank you very much.

Quote:I think...what is it? Islam? The one containing the jihads needs reforming. If it didn't encourage people blowing themselves up or killing others then it would be okay.
It is Islam you're thinking of. However, there's nothing wrong with the religion itself. Almost any religions can be turned to encourage people to blow themselves up or kill others. Look at Northern Ireland, they're all some brand of christian or other and they're all lobbing each other's heads off.
I just find it easier to follow what I've been told to follow it's just easier that way
The Nazis would have agreed.
I think the point Angeteen was trying to make is that any religion is okay to follow, as long as it doesn't premote killing, suicide, or terroism.
and my point was I follow what was there when I was growing up
(how'd you know I was part German? coincidence?)