Join our server on Discord

Disney Under Siege(Talkback)
What's your opinion on Roy Disney starting a "Save Disney" campain that almost got Esiner kicked out of Disney and everything else involving this?

For me, I wished it worked. Esiner doesn't care about families, nor does he respect the dream Walt left us with. All he is is a corprate shark, with no vision or imagination of his own, that cares for only money, and keeping stockholders happy.

Here's that "Save Disney" site that Roy made.
http://www.savedisney.com/
Yes, Walt had a dream -- the dream to make lots and lots of money while working as little as possible so he'd have more time and resources to build little railways in his garden. :P He was always overrated if you ask me.
you know pixar makes really good movies and they do make a lot of disney movies but hey walt did have good dream make money by doing something cool cartoons
Quote:Yes, Walt had a dream -- the dream to make lots and lots of money while working as little as possible so he'd have more time and resources to build little railways in his garden. :P He was always overrated if you ask me.

You obviously do not know how long and hard it takes to make cartoons, especialy in the time Walt made them, in film, television, and cartoons, it takes 24 frames(those squares in film) just for one second, and it's the hardest for the people in animation. It's not so hard for TV and Movies because a camera records the actions, but animators have to draw an animation cell for each frame and the process for recording those frames, making sure each cell is in the exact right place for one frame, can take up to days, even weeks, just to record just a few minutes of the cartoon. It's a long and very hard procces that only the dertimed and strong-willed would be willing to make a cartoon. So don't be saying he was doing it just to earn money from doing little work as possible, because in the begining, he did a lot of the first cartoons himself. He earned his money and used it to make more timeless cartoons and timeless theme parks.
Well I heard he was always a producer, as in he created his characters and stories and then had other people do the animating. He never actually sat down and drew the individual frames of a movie himself. I *might* be wrong here, but I'm quite sure that's the way it was.

Don't get me wrong, he was very good at what he did and created some fantastic stuff -- and came up with quite a few brilliant technologies that are now used in the making of just about every new cartoon -- and without him cartoons probably wouldn't exist any more. I think he was a genius, and he put his heart and soul into making his movies. But to say he had a "vision" is just a little over the top for me. At the end of the day he was just some dude making his money.
yes but that's what we all are
Yup, true -- I never said there was anything wrong with it...
Pixar is actually no longer working with Disney as of a few months ago. Another example of what's happening to Disney under Eisner's leadership. Pixar was the best thing Disney had going for it. Besides their movies, the only interesting thing Disney's made in the last five years has been "The Emperor's New Groove" and "Pirates of the Carrabean."

And on the Subject of Walt, I read in several books about Disney that he was kind of an asshole to his employees. I mean, Eisner can be an asshole too IF he can produce magical works at the same time like Walt did.
heh pixar split Ha! and hey if you make enough money and make cool things then you can be however big of an ass you want